MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #76
rolfejr
Full Fledged Farker

Default Swamp Boys Super Q School with 3 Eyz BBQ

Don't tell anyone I'm coming then.

[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Rockin' Robyn's BBQ
[/FONT][/B][/I][LEFT][URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockin-Robyns-BBQ-Team/107295966034865?ref=tn_tnmn"]Like us on Facebook! [/URL]
Stop by our website!
[URL="http://www.rockinrobynsbbq.com"]www.rockinrobynsbbq.com[/URL]
[/LEFT]
rolfejr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #77
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfejr View Post
Don't tell anyone I'm coming then.
Sshhhhh! I won't tell about you, if you won't tell about me.

wallace

- Life Is Good But BBQ Is Better
- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- A bunch on other outdoor cooking stuff.
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"
sdbbq1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #78
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Class if farking awesome so far!!!

A picture perfect day in Florida to boot!

wallace

- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"

Old 03-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #79
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave Dweller View Post
Yeah but Rub might have a rude awakening teaching us Chicagoians here in a couple weeks, we got 12" of snow yesterday, hope we can keep some for him....
Rub had already taught a class in the snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0781.jpg (64.3 KB, 214 views)

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #80
rolfejr
Full Fledged Farker

Finished the class today.
Very informative, lots of great tips and tricks. And the eats were great too!

[/FONT][/B][/I][LEFT][URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockin-Robyns-BBQ-Team/107295966034865?ref=tn_tnmn"]Like us on Facebook! [/URL]
Stop by our website!
[/LEFT]

Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #81
virginia lawyer
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Swamp Boys/3 Eyz Super Q School

A fantastic experience with two of the best teams - lots of useful information, lots to make you think and lots to try and play with. Would highly recommend taking a class with either alone, having access to both makes it an unmatchable experience.

My thanks to Rub, Dan, Tracy, Big Ugly and Mutha Chicken for all your hard work. And safe travels back to MD for 3-EYZ. Am looking forward to seeing you all again on the circuit this season.

Don
virginia lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #82
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Finally getting a few minutes to post.

One heck of a class and experience!!! A LOT of tips and tricks to the "comp trade" we picked up on!

I know that both teams had to really work their rear-ends off to get as much information to us in the short period of time. Hats off to them!!

Friday night was a hoot listening to Dorsey from Team Unknown on the guitar!! That made laugh so hard!!

And, there was some outstanding food! From the Friday night smoked Prime Rib dinner with ALL the fixins' to the grand finish on Saturday of the chicken, ribs, pork and brisket that they cooked all night for us!!

Also, for me, it was inspiring to hear how both Dan and Rob got to where they are now, and the hard work they put into their "hobby"!!!!

Money don't buy success!! Good old fashion hard work and determination does it!!

Again, hats off to Dan, Chris, Dan, Tracey, Rub for the event. And, can't forget JW for the extra help with the Prime Rib! I am sure I missed some others that had helped big time to make this happen, but thanks to them as well.

Hope to see you all on the comp trail.

wallace

- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"

Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #83
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Really glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the class. The positive feedback is great to hear. I know we put everything on the table. Also thankful we had the beautiful weather we did. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of success from everyone, and thanks again for coming!
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #84
Pole D
is one Smokin' Farker

Sorry I'm just now getting to post my impression of the class. I took so many notes and have so many pictures that its taking me a while to get everything straightened out!

First off I'd like to the thank the entire group for putting on a great class and really being open and friendly with everyone. I'd also like to say that the other students were also friendly and willing to share their experiences.

The location - what can I say. You've seen the picture posted above and that doesn't really do it justice. The location is actually part of a Boys and Girls Club so the class actually helped support the Club. In addition, for me it was an easy sell to the Mrs. because we stayed in Orlando and the family got to go to Disney and Universal while I was in class.

The instruction - Both teams laid it all out for us. Obviously I can't go into detail but it was great seeing both of them go through the entire cook. They definitely have two different styles but the thing that I came away with is the need for have a system and sticking to the system. Consistency is the key. We were allowed to get up close to everything that was going on. This leads to the only negative that someone might have with the class (just being honest). The video could have been better. There was a camera setup so you could see things if you weren't up close but it kept going out. For me this was very minor and didn't bother me. However, I'm 6'1" so I can see how it may have been a problem for others.

The food - we got fed a great prime rib dinner friday night and saturday we got to taste the four categories from two of the top KCBS teams. It doesn't get much better than that.

The atmosphere - like I said everyone was great. Very friendly and willing to share with each other. Of course I'd expect nothing less seeing as how many of the attendees were Brethren. Heck Rub was so accommodating that he gave me the shirt off his back! We all received goodie bags and a t-shirt. Well there was a small mix up and my shirt was a 3xl. He didn't have anything smaller to trade out for so he ended up giving me his shirt! So PM me if you want to buy a shirt worn by a Jack Daniels Champion and the person that has had the most wins in Ribs and Brisket since 2006!

Great class. Great time.
Pole D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #85
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

The video is something we will definitely look into, thanks for the comments and sharing!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #86
rolfejr
Full Fledged Farker

Big,
If you ever do a class around Baltimore I could help you with the audio / video set up. Got lots of gear.

Stop by our website!
[/LEFT]

Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #87
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Headed View Post
Rub had already taught a class in the snow.
Two weeks and 24 hours. Not that I'm counting down or anything.

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #88
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole D View Post
So PM me if you want to buy a shirt worn by a Jack Daniels Champion and the person that has had the most wins in Ribs and Brisket since 2006!

Great class. Great time.
Wow I wasn't aware Rub had those accolades. He seemed to leave that out during the cooking class and not mention it even once .

The class was a ton of fun and they dialed in perfect weather for the weekend. I probably asked a million (give or take a few) questions directly during the instruction and also when they were moving and shaking individually during the cooking and they took time to answer every single one. Both teams are top notch. Looking forward to practice this weekend.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #89
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Thanks again guys and thanks Pole D (great story on that btw!) for the constructive comment.
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #90
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Just wanted to say "THANKS" to Big Poppa, Bad Byron's, Wicked Que, Spiceewine, BBQ Guru, Oakridge BBQ, 3-Eyz, Smokinlicious and FAB for the goodies bag stuff!!!

Trust me, it was very interesting to watch the TSA folks scan our carry on bags at the airport, and then search them.

Both TSA folks saw the rub bottles and asked what they were. I told them they were from a BBQ class. They laughed and said, "So, you like to BBQ?" Of course we said yes.

I told them that I hope one day that those bottles will have our team's name on them!!!

Between my wife and me, we have a lot to "testing different flavor rubs" in the near future.

wallace

- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"