First UDS build

W

Wildhogfd

Hello all, I started my uds this week. Progress is a little slow but thats what happens when you have 4 kids. Hope to burn it out this week and put some fresh paint on. Will 500° paint be sufficient? I'm want it blue but haven't seen it in 1200°.
aefe76ed-4a82-7501.jpg
aefe76ed-4a90-09e3.jpg
aefe76ed-4a9c-5940.jpg

Looking good so far! I think you can buy engine paint in blue that's higher temp than 500 degrees. I like the rounded bolt heads that you used for the grate supports.

Thanks guys, yea I liked the neater finish, plus it was free and all stainless steel!

Good luck and have fun with this build! Lots of people use the 500 degree paint when they want colors. I think it will be fine too. Since I did mine in black, I primed with the 2000 degree primer and used the 1200 degree paint, but when I build my next one I'll be using the 500 degree paint with some colors. Looking forward to seeing more photos!

I agree it looks good so far and the 500 degree paint will be fine, you usually dont cook over 350 anyway so it won't hurt the paint.

I just you professional high gloss paint. It is not even high heat paint but it comes in so many more colors and I like the shiny look. It has never peeled or burned off so 500* paint is certainly fine.

....unless you're cooking a pizza! I've had mine well over 500. Regular paint should be fine, or there's several blue engine paints available.

032711010.jpg

I here ya about kids and slow progress, feel like mines taking forever to finish.

Back