New guy from CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BBQNOOB

Hi. New guy from CT here.

BBQ progression:
1. Beat up CharBroil gasser with only one heat deflector. I use it to thicken the sauce on my ribs after cooking them on the kettle :)

2. Weber Performer - I have turned out some really good food from it, and do find indirect cooking very rewarding at dinner time. The only issues I have with the kettle are maintaining temperature, and keeping on top of fuel consumption.

I did purchase a BBQ Guru to aid with temp control and fuel consumption, but I got to thinking about it, and with really not wanting to punch a hole in the bottom of a perfectly good kettle, and a lot of reading on these forums, brings me to the next project...

3. UDS - Still compiling ideas and putting plans down on paper for the build. What I know so far is:
Provisions for the bbq guru will be implemented.

Tall intake pipes with ball valves will also be installed for when the guru is not in play

I am buying a new barrel, simply to avoid the burn out process and subsequent cleanup. I am trying to source a new barrel from a manufacturer in CT that will be unlined and unpainted with a simple flat lid.

I am looking at powder coat versus high temp paint, simply for looks.

I am also toying with the idea of ceramic coating the entire inside and out, to try and aid further in maintaining temps. Got the idea from a set of exhaust headers I put on a car years ago. The ceramic coating kept the heat inside the exhaust so well, it dropped the under hood temps probably between 200 - 250 degrees, so I think it might be something neat to try...:icon_cool I will post about this in the forums to get some feedback.

Howdy BBQNOOB, and welcome to our little slice of BBQ heaven.

Thanks folks. I am looking forward to the countless hours I will spend reading and learning.

Welcome to the Brethren. Planing your UDS build on paper is wise. I'm interested in following your use of the guru on your drums. Keep us posted!

Welcome aboard!

Might need to change yer name, don't sound like a BBQ noob to me.

Welcome to our version of OCD (Outdoor Cooking Disorder)! Good luck with the UDS build.

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Welcome and enjoy the ride:icon_bigsmil

Welcome Noob, don't forget to post that pron of your builds as you progress, I like the plans you have laid out so far, good luck with the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back