Dual MBN KCBS events

Bourbon Barrel BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone on here done both at the same time? How difficult is it to manage turn ins/onsite? It seems like it would be a cluster if turn ins are on the same day.

Anyone on here done both at the same time? How difficult is it to manage turn ins/onsite? It seems like it would be a cluster if turn ins are on the same day.

I've not done both sides but they have done it in Murphysboro IL the past few years. Turn in times are adjusted on both sides from th norm if memory serves me correctly. But turn in times are on the same day and yes, it would seem like a cluster.

Nashville, TN contest in August the last couple of years has been a dual contest with both MBN and KCBS. Seemed to go OK, but sure is a lot of work if you do both.

I did both at Murpysboro, IL last year. The turn in times were not really a factor. I did feel that it hurt my KCBS turn-ins quality. Not to make make any excuses, but I was cooking on a brand new cooker and had no practice on it, but I also wasn't as prepared as I should have been. It helps if you have someone to do on-site presentation while you prepare your blind boxes. It's not really that difficult if you have a couple other people helping out and have a good plan for the different schedule.

Back