Chicago overnighter

Jrogers84

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ill be in Chicago for one night for a concert. I know all of you fine fellas went to the BBQ supply last weekend and it looked great. Ill be coming from the south and dont really want to go above downtown. Im staying downtown and the show is at the UIC pavilion. Any ideas for a decent lunch or dinner? Ill more than likely only be able to get one good meal in.

I assume you'll have a car? Haymarket is a personal favorite of mine. There's also Girl and the Goat and/or Green Street Smoked Meats. All are a 20-25 minute walk or less than a 10 minute drive.

The UIC Pavilion is very close to Little Italy. Plenty of good restaurants around there. I would recommend Tufano's. There is also a Billy Goat Tavern nearby for Cheezborgers (SNL fame). Nothing great but good for tourists.

I assume you'll have a car? Haymarket is a personal favorite of mine. There's also Girl and the Goat and/or Green Street Smoked Meats. All are a 20-25 minute walk or less than a 10 minute drive.

Ill have a car but if im not passing it from the south I doubt Ill leave after I park at the hotel. I could always jump on a lyft I just have no desire to drive once I get there

The UIC Pavilion is very close to Little Italy. Plenty of good restaurants around there. I would recommend Tufano's. There is also a Billy Goat Tavern nearby for Cheezborgers (SNL fame). Nothing great but good for tourists.

Tufano's prices look killer!

Back