• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Philadelphia BBQ event - Non-KCBS

L

LazyRiverBarbecue

For those in the PHilly area, the Garry Maddox BBQ challenge is scheduled for Aug 9, 2008. We had a lot of fun at this one day event. The categories are ribs, chicken, chef's choice and a Garry's challenge. Garry's challenge is his challenging others to beat his ribs. Usually the prize is tickets to the World Series. Widespread Pork won that category last year. We won chef's choice and ribs. You get a nice plaque and at Christmas time we also received a nice card from them with a gift card for a local restaurant - was very nice.

Those of you in the philly area should check it out. The entry fee last year was $100 and it's held right outside Citizen's Bank park.

Donna

Unfortunately, that is the same weekend as Bel Air, MD... Otherwise, it sounds like a fun event!

Ron, here is contact info for Kerry. She is the organizer. They usually send out the entry forms in June. Just ask her to put you on the list.

Kerry Ann Williams
Youth Golf & Academics Program
1494 Mt. Ephraim Ave.
Camden, NJ 08104
856-756-0222
fax 856-756-0006

Kerry Ann Williams [kawilliams27@msn.com]

Wow, thanks for the heads up. My buddy and I were talking about this 2 weeks ago but we had no idea when / where it was.

I was next to Brian and Donna last year, we had a good time. I'm sure Kerry would set us all up next to each other if we asked.

I was next to Brian and Donna last year, we had a good time. I'm sure Kerry would set us all up next to each other if we asked.
Great! Then I won't have to walk so far to mooch beer. :wink:

Received an email from Kerry. Will have to be rescheduled. Not sure what the new date will be.

Received an email from Kerry. Will have to be rescheduled. Not sure what the new date will be.

I got an email from Kerry also. She said the date has been rescheduled. I'll let you know as soon as they come up with a new date. She's very excited that we're promoting the event on the blog. She's a sweetheart to work with...very friendly.

Jon - (Widespread Pork) listed Kerry's contact information.

Donna

Heard from her today also. One of Garry's kids is getting married on the 9th. The Phillies have not given her a new date yet, when she hears from them she'll let us know. She's hoping for July 26th or Aug 23rd (Stevensville or New Holland).
Also heard back from the radio station in Reading that sponsored the Berks Bash last year. They said they're going to have it again, sometime in July.

Back