uds and weber 22.5" kettle cart

timmy7649

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
i have a uds and a webber kettle and i am thinking on building a bbq cart for them. uds on one side then webber on the other with table in between. any ideas out there or plans out there? let me know and i will post pics of build.
thanks bbq brother's and sister's. :?:

It's gonna be a long table. I was going to do one with two UDS. I changed my mind because of the length.

yea that is what i was thinking. i was also given a 6 burner propain grill which i might convert into a steam table \ warmer some how and put that on it to so when i vend for local small fairs it all would be in one.

Timmy...............................;}-

Try different configurations. L-shaped, on a radius,two paralelle with a fold-out work area when set-up. Cabinets underneath? H2O capability? Elec.?
How big can it be?
I like brainstorming like this...:wink:

Im a little lost on the length statement... the kettle and the UDS are only 23" in diameter. Unless you are putting in a full wet bar, I dont see a practical cart being more than about 7 or 8' long. Considering that there is storrage under the table and it looks a hell of a lot neater than a separate drum or kettle, I dont see this as being an issue what so ever. Imagine putting 2 performers end side to side with the tables overlapping and kettles at opposite ends.. pretty compact eh?

Funny this topic should come up... Ive been contemplating this for a few months and have been slammed with other projects, but it is moving up on the list... time to break out the grinder and welder and have some real fun. Ive managed to score some pretty nice recycled redwood for the siding and some Trex decking for the top

The way I had mine laid out was a UDS on either end with a table in the middle.

It was roughly 7 feet long. Too long for my storage ad transportation capabilities.

If it was me I would get metal studs and build a frame to box in 2 drums. Studs actually attached to drum which would strengthen frame. I would leave roughly 20" between the drums. UDS would be built using a open top drum upside down. This would allow you to keep lid as bottom with band clamp for future clean out. On the kettle side I would take the drum and cut it so it would resemble a short cylinder lip up, notched where kettle handles would fit down in. When it is mounted in frame a Kettle sans legs would set down in drum "Ring". Kettle could be removed and cleaned or legs reinstalled for stand alone use. A fire proof shelf would be below kettle. A 18" removable tile would be between drum and kettle for easy clean up. This would minimize length. For a work surface I would have possibly a full length 12"-14" folding leaf on one side so I could comfortably reach over into cookers and maybe a 24" if necessary on other side. Also Paper towel holder, trash bag hanger, light and of course beer opener. 3 sides skinned with lightweight? Man I see it in my head ratteling like a BB in a shoebox.

Last edited:
Sorry 72" Length had my math screwed up. Could go with a 12" tile in center to shorten it up a bit but less storage.
9773-math.jpg

First you take the cosine of the radius of the badonkadonk!

I tried to think through this not too long ago. i can't draw like Norco, but I have a real big brain:p

You have to find your "compromise" before you build.
What is the main goal? Ease of transport or a nice workspace? More of a permanent setup, just to roll around the patio a bit or are we talking on and off the truck a lot?

Keep this going! I was thinking something like this for just two Drums w/ the nice workspace idea not so much being able to load in a truck.

JA

wow you guys really thought about this. i am loving it , norco nice drawing. it is right up my alley on what i was thinking. and i love the way you do math. i hope you dont mind if i steal your drawing and use it for my plans?

Perhaps have a couple of larger tires more centered on length of cart (like bicycle wheels/tires) and a couple of handles on the opposite end. You know, like wheelbarrow style. That may help with moving it around a bunch on hard surface or grass or gravel better than the standard casters. Have a couple of casters under the handle end so you could still roll it, but the larger diameter wheels would help with rougher terrain. I guess like a hot-dog cart.

I think the flip up counter like Norco suggests is a great idea for more workspace.

Can't wait for pics! Good luck!

Perhaps have a couple of larger tires more centered on length of cart (like bicycle wheels/tires) and a couple of handles on the opposite end. You know, like wheelbarrow style. That may help with moving it around a bunch on hard surface or grass or gravel better than the standard casters. Have a couple of casters under the handle end so you could still roll it, but the larger diameter wheels would help with rougher terrain. I guess like a hot-dog cart.

I think the flip up counter like Norco suggests is a great idea for more workspace.

Can't wait for pics! Good luck!

thanks. yea i like the flip up work surface also. the build may take a little while to do thanks for the econamy . but i will post the build in steps and have up dates. i have no welder or welding skills but i am deadly with a drill and bolts. i love this site for ideas. :mrgreen:

Back