• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Master BBQ Cook

spicewine

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Finished this course last year. It was well worth the time and effort. I recommend this course to all who wish to bring their cooking experience to the next level. It will take you a year to complete but is well worth every minute. The Culinary Institute of Smoke- Cooking

www.bbqcookingschool.com

I gave the site a quick read. Thanks for posting it. One quick question: There is a reference to needing a mentor to help grade your results. How does one find a mentor? Does the school provide one or a list?

You choose your mentor Preferably someone who knows cooking and can be an honest judge of your talents. Example-- My mentor was a fellow who markets his own line of BBQ sauce and is also a KCBS rep. The mentors job is simple. The school tells you what to prepair and you arrange for your mentor to taste test and score you on several different categories. He or She sends their results to the school which will become part of your final grade. There is alot of cooking involved which takes alot of time.

Congratulations on your completion of the course. Looks interesting Spice.

I am guessing they do not have a propane version

Actually the coarse covers Grilling as well as smoking, so you will be useing your grill and your smoker. It covers how to buy meat, what to look for, what cuts are best. It covers types and tastes of smoking wood.ect

Wow. If I only had the time!

Maybe something to look forward to when I retire (in the next 70 years!).

Back