washington mo contest up date (merged)

B

beam boys bbq

contest in planning stage for washington mo

i have been selected to be on an commity that we are going to get an bbq contest started here in down town washington

what do you all look at when entering an contest and what is the best thing that i can tell them

they want to make it an year event

my first thoughts is electric and water
KCBS certified

and your all help

thnaks york:icon_smil :biggrin: :icon_smil :icon_shy

Free ice, water, electric, and a spell checker for York!
23_33_20.gif

if you know me by now i can't spell you all know that :rolleyes:

York, space sizes would be something to check into also. Congrats on your call at Roots and Blues and no DQ.

Nice going at Roots and Blues York! I would love it if there was a Washington event! We need more close to home. I think the most important is water, ice and electric...electric most importantly.

Were gonna miss you in Ballwin....I got a new smoker rig...I guess you will have to wait until columbia to see it. It ain't no wiggle wagon!

Nice going at Roots and Blues York! I would love it if there was a Washington event! We need more close to home. I think the most important is water, ice and electric...electric most importantly.

Were gonna miss you in Ballwin....I got a new smoker rig...I guess you will have to wait until columbia to see it. It ain't no wiggle wagon!

definately more close to st. louis. critter i will be at ballwin, where are you at

Plenty of restroom facilities, emphasis on having CBJ's and no celebs for judges.
Trash removal, breakfast on Sat. morning, Kids Q turn ins on Fri. evening
Live Blues Music, The Hooters Girls......I'm still thinking.

they are wanting to shut down an street and have all of us set up along the street and there has to be room for an emergancy vechile to get through

i will have to go down there and see what we are talking about for size

breakfast is that an thought yes - no

bloody marrys for breakfast

or just bigger prize money

selling your meat after turn in is over

kids Q

any thing butt

certified judges

this is just my brain storme

york

I don't know about everyone else, but... it doesn't seem like the breakfast is a real necessity. Not many really show up for it.
I thought you were skipping the Ballwin BBQ Bash. We (Carpe' pork'em and me) are at a far away site near the ballfields because we need peace and solitude (ya right) don't know the number of the spot. When did you get in? I missed you at the meeting.

I would love a Washington event. More events close to St. Louis would be terrific.

I'm all for space, free electric and free water. I could do without breakfast, but I'm sure it would be an attraction.

Hey York,

Are you talking to Aimee Frey? She asked me to go to a planning meeting on 9/26. This would be in conjunction with the Cruise and Blues event, right?

Shutting down a street is all well and good, but electricity will be a problem. How about the riverfront park. The boat lot is layed out perfectly, and it's right on the river. Downside is that it's removed from the Farmers Market area.

What about Modern Auto's old lot, or maybe tie in something with SFB? I'll bet Borgia would welcome the chance to get involved, use their lots, it's right next to the farmers market, and they could provide the volunteers in return for a little financial gratitude. Plus the Borgia lots are next to the sand volleyball courts. I'm thinking 20 something sweaty volleyball chicks..........

Last edited:
they are wanting to shut down an street and have all of us set up along the street and there has to be room for an emergancy vechile to get through

i will have to go down there and see what we are talking about for size

breakfast is that an thought yes - no

bloody marrys for breakfast

or just bigger prize money

selling your meat after turn in is over

kids Q

any thing butt

certified judges

this is just my brain storme

york

I think brekafast is good idea. It just helps, especialy when you have kids.

The best events I can think of all had a special touch to them.

Kids Q on Friday night (makes it easier for dads)

Make sure that people are around with water, ice and trash removal - Chillicothe was about the best on this.

I like the wing idea for Friday, plus it is a way to bring in money for the event. Make sure it is clear who is participating and who is not, at BCNB I could not tell you how many people came to our spot tryign to buy food.

CBJs

Good Reps

Electricity that does not burn out anybody's equipment

Selling meat afterwards would be cool, but what health code regulations do we have to meet.

I love the Hooter girl idea, but wife probably wouldn't

this one will come we are just in the beginning of the planning stages :eusa_clap :confused: :eusa_clap

we are looking at two dates

sedalia i think will be on june 14 - 15

we have the 20- 21

or 27-28

june 2008 i am shooting for the 27-28

have an lay over week in between

MOFO and other your thoughts

york

better hot than cold. could be the Drum Corp BBQ teams initial kcbs contest

Celtic Nation wants 27-28th

better hot than cold. could be the Drum Corp BBQ teams initial kcbs contest

I Like June 27-28th.