• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

? re: Performer kettle mounting

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Do all generations (3?) of Performer kettles mount the same? I have a SSP, and wonder if a new kettle simply swaps right in w/no mods. TIA

Not sure if they all mount up exactly the same, but guessing not. I also have an SSP, and when Weber replaced my bowl , they specifically wanted to know which year Performer it is. They do stock replacement bowls for SSPs though. Of course it HAS to be a Performer bowl due to the welded-on mounting brackets for attaching it to the cart. Maybe someone with the newer style Performer can post pics of how their bowl is mounted.

Thanks. Weber told me they no longer make the lid w/ the thermometer holder under the handle and shipped me a newfangled one. :cry:

Both people I spoke w/ couldn't answer my kettle question. :confused:

I had to rebuild the ash catcher on my '98' Performer about 5 years ago. I ordered a new kettle and catcher as they told me this is what I had to do.he old desing was no longer being made so I needed the new kettle as well. They sent me a kettle for a gas assist. I don't have that. Then told me I could not get the right kettle in green. So I looked at the new ash catcher desing and adapted it to my kettle and sent the other one back. With weber sometimes you have to get the parts in hand and then figure out what to do.

Yeah I ended up getting the same new lid from them too, but bought a brand new old style thermometer one yesterday on CL for $5 :)

the mount is the same.

i have a red ss performer and a blue plastic table. at one point, i had switched the two bowls to make a blue stainless and a red plastic performer.

I had to rebuild the ash catcher on my '98' Performer about 5 years ago. I ordered a new kettle and catcher as they told me this is what I had to do.he old desing was no longer being made so I needed the new kettle as well. They sent me a kettle for a gas assist. I don't have that. Then told me I could not get the right kettle in green. So I looked at the new ash catcher desing and adapted it to my kettle and sent the other one back. With weber sometimes you have to get the parts in hand and then figure out what to do.

The new ash catchers attach in an entirely different way. I found the old style part I needed just by luck at Elliott's Hardware here. They had boxes of old parts they let me fish through.

The new ash-catcher bins are the same, it's just the ring that holds the bin that is different.

CD

The new ash catchers attach in an entirely different way. I found the old style part I needed just by luck at Elliott's Hardware here. They had boxes of old parts they let me fish through.

The new ash-catcher bins are the same, it's just the ring that holds the bin that is different.

CD

Yes the ring attaches with tabs to the bottom of the kettle leg posts. It used to connect with a ring. I took the tabs and bent them so they rested on the kettle leg posts and then drilled and screwed them in place. Its been 5 years and no problems. Weber service parts....."some modification may be required" :p

Do all generations (3?) of Performer kettles mount the same? I have a SSP, and wonder if a new kettle simply swaps right in w/no mods. TIA

This is what a 2009 Performer looks like from above. I just finished documenting a rebuild of a CL find that I bought last week.

DSC08753new.jpg

Would love to see the Performer rebuild as a thread with tons of pics!

Look for it sometime tonight. :) I've just resized and sorted the pics. It's an obscene amount of pics (75 total). I'll hit the high points on here and just link to my site for the details.

Back