Contest Announcment Western NY, Crossborder Blues, Brews, and Que, Wilson NY - June 17 - 19, 2011

comfrank

Knows what a fatty is.
Announcing the 2011 Crossborder Blues, Brews, and Que BBQ competition in Wilson, NY. We are KCBS sanctioned and very shortly we will be applying to become part of the Empire State Championship series as well.

Our webmaster is currently updating the website. Applications for teams and judges will be up soon. In the mean time, our schedule of events is as follows: Friday, June 17, 2011, team check in, with the KCBS contest on Saturday, June 18. On Sunday, the 19th, in the spirit of Father's day, we will have a junior-senior BBQ contest where juniors (16 years old and under) pair up with seniors (over 16) to cook two items from the following four: wings, burgers, hot dogs, sausage. The BBQ competition is in conjuction with a blues contest and a brewing contest, so there should be plenty of good music and beer. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Wilson Community Enhancement Charity.

Wilson is on Lake Ontario, about 40 minutes due north of Buffalo and about 60 minutes west of Rochester. We are an easy drive from anywhere in Western NY or Southern Ontario.

--frank in Wilson, NY

Mod edit: added location and dates to thread title per posting guidelines

Thats Great News Frank, Congrats.
I know you folks worked your Butts off this past 2 years on this event. I wouldn't miss it. And can't wait to attend this event

Thanks, for the update,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there are new team applications up on our website, crossborderbbq.com. (The old ones had the wrong waiver information at the bottom.) If you want a judging application, ask at the "Contact Us" link.

Hope to see everyone in Wilson on Father's Day weekend for great music, great beer, and great competition bbq.

--frank in Wilson, NY

We've got reps!

I have been remiss in not announcing our KCBS reps for the 2011 Crossborder event in Wilson, but we've got a couple of good ones: Tana Shupe and Richard Preston.

Hope to see everyone this Father's Day Weekend!

--frank in Wilson, NY
BBQ Liaison
Crossborder Blues, Brews, and Que

On-site wood

Just a month until the Crossborder BBQ competition in Wilson, NY, Father's Day weekend, KCBS sanctioned and the second leg of the Empire State Championship.

We are working with Niagara Forestry to supply wood for a reasonable price. They have seasoned hardwood, ready to go, including cherry, hickory, oak, and ash. If you think you might be interested, please let me know (comfrank@buffalo.edu) and I will try to make arrangements.

In the next couple of weeks, I will have the cook's packet finished and will let you know when I do.

See you this Father's Day!
--frank in Wilson, NY

Crossborder BBQ event--some announcements

Hello from Wilson! Just over three weeks until the Crossborder Blues, Brews, and Que BBQ competition, KCBS sanctioned and the second leg of the Empire State Championship. We're starting to fill out our team list, and we're hoping to have 100% CBJs for judging. A couple of items:

Prospective Teams: We have decided to extend the deadline before late fees are imposed. Specifically, we are extending until Wednesday, June 1. If you get us your application, postmarked by June 1, we will accept it with no late fee. After that time, the late fee will be strictly enforced. Our thinking is that since the Roc City Ribfest is this weekend, we might give those teams a chance to enter our contest as well. I will be at Roc City with application forms, which I will accept at the contest if that is more convenient for you. I will be competing as Doghouse Willie, and will be flying a Buffalo Humane banner. You can find us in site #16, on the back row near the lake.

Judges: Several of you have expressed an interest in judging the junior-senior contest on Sunday. Unfortunately, we have very few entries for that contest, as of yet, and far more judges than we need. So, if you are from out of town, do NOT plan on judging the junior-senior contest. It just makes more sense for us to use a few local judges for that contest, so there's no need for out-of-town judges to spend the night or travel when in all likelihood they won't be needed. The KCBS contest on Saturday is a different matter though. We are counting on you for that contest.

Prospective Judges: I will have judge registration forms in Rochester if you want to pick one up.

Everyone: The cook's packet will be out in a day or two. Even though it's called a "cook's" packet, there's info for judges too, such as schedules and local accommodations.

See you in Rochester this weekend and in Wilson over Father’s Day weekend!
--frank

Frank Tutzauer
Doghouse Willie Competition BBQ Team
BBQ Liaison, Crossborder Blues, Brews, and Que

Back