On my way to some ECB mods...

Glenn_S

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
So I have temporarily combined my 2 ECB's. The electric on the bottom, and the body of the standard on top.

I'm thinking about permenantly attaching them together to get the proper height from the heat source, cut a larger door in the top section for meat access and build a proper charcoal setup in the bottom.

I'm also going to use a lid from a small charbroil grill, which fits better than the stock one.

Tonight's cook is using a combo of the electric and some charcoal with hickory for flavor. It is holding right at 230 at the lid using a digital, not the cheap temp guage in the lid.

Thoughts?

DSC_0222.JPG

That is one creative ECB use!

I'm wondering about permanently attaching them together though. Does the ECB have two racks? If so, getting to the bottom half of the bottom one is going to be a beatch without somesort of door running the whole height.

Looks cool though. Watch ya got on all them racks?

Yeah, they each have the ability to have 2 racks.

I don't plan on having any in the bottom. The lower unit is going to be the burn area and the top for racks.

The bottom rack of the top unit is almost exactly 24 inches above the heat. If I cut a larger door in the top, I'll have good access to the racks. I'll probably reconfigure the racks on top to gain more room for product.

Once I get working on it, I'll grab some pictures, including the build.

Glenn

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe you could add vents to the old lid and use it on the bottom to be able to get better air control for the fire. Let us know how it comes out.

Back