Deer ribs

ipls3355

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A guy called to leave a cooler of venison at my house. He said there was a rack of deer ribs in there too. What the fark am I supposed to do with those?

Ideas?

I asked this same question on another forum a year ago..everyone said they are way too lean to do anything.

I smoked a rack before when I first got started. They turned out ok. As far as being too lean, you can lay strips of bacon on them to keep them from drying out. I would also use some foil. You can just grill them. Or, cook em up and toss to the dogs. They would love you forever.

The dogs or the foxes, either one would be OK! Way too lean.

It's not that they're too lean as much as too sparse of meat. Id give em apartial smoke and boilt them down for sour or chile stock.

i was going to try doing deer ribs last year but they are so short on meat i didn't even find any worth keeping to throw in burger.

I was on a canoe trip last March and my buddy brought out some deer ribs and cooked them over the open fire pit. He had a basic rub of salt pepper, onion and garlic powder. Not much fat, not much meat but great tasting. Enjoy!!

Only way I have had them that was fit to eat was cooked directly over the fire. They were tough and not much meat, but atleast we didn't waste much time cooking them.

Back