Need a good cream corn recipe...

plowin-fire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Booked a wedding and they want cream corn for 400 people. Anyone have a good recipe for that? We normally do buttered corn. Have seen a few with cream cheese and milk. Dont want it to curdle though. Thoughts?

use 40% heavy cream and IQF corn.

Sautee corn in butter, sprinkle in flour to create a roux, deglaze with a little chicken stock, bring that to a boil, add cream, simmer . season with salt and pepper

EXTRA CREAMY CORN
Ingredients:(Single Batch)
4 lbs frozen corn (Birds Eye sweet corn)
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water (if needed)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a pot and cook/simmer for approximately 45 minutes.

Yield: Approx 16 - 4 oz servings or 11 - 6 oz servings

NOTE: Can be scaled up for larger quantities

EXTRA CREAMY CORN
Ingredients:(Single Batch)
4 lbs frozen corn (Birds Eye sweet corn)
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water (if needed)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a pot and cook/simmer for approximately 45 minutes.

Yield: Approx 16 - 4 oz servings or 11 - 6 oz servings

NOTE: Can be scaled up for larger quantities

Looks like a good and simple one. Frozen corn better than canned corn? Costs about 4 times more.

Looks like a good and simple one. Frozen corn better than canned corn? Costs about 4 times more.

In our humble opinion the frozen (Birdseye Niblets) is a more tender and tasty ingredient and adds to the overall flavor mix. On this side we "bite the bullet" on cost and figure it is worth it for the outcome in taste. :biggrin1:

In our humble opinion the frozen (Birdseye Niblets) is a more tender and tasty ingredient and adds to the overall flavor mix. On this side we "bite the bullet" on cost and figure it is worth it for the outcome in taste. :biggrin1:

Kind of what I figured. Canned or frozen corn I can stay under budget. Just a lot more under with canned. Juat wont taste as Good. Will try the frozen and let you know.

Sweetfire BBQ Cajun corn. 4 pounds cream cheese, 1 gallon sour cream, 1 pound of butter, 5 oz black pepper, 5 oz Cajun seasoning, 5 oz salt, 40 pounds frozen shoepeg corn, 2 cups diced jalapenos. Put all ingredients in steam kettle and mix and melt, then heat corn on flat top in butter and add to kettle and mix.
We sell 40 to 50 pounds of this a day.

Buy a corn creaming board found in the link below and cream the corn off the cob, the corn milk will come out too. Move the product to heat, add a little milk, and salt, pepper and butter to taste. Simmer until done, can move to oven to keep warm afterwards if needed.

http://www.wisementrading.com/canning/corn_cutter.htm

To me, this creamed corn is REAL creamed corn and the best method I've ever tasted.

Butter
Onion, diced
Corn
Pureed corn
Cream
Salt
black pepper

Puree some corn to use as a thickener and it also sweetens it, while amping the corn flavor.

Back