• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Memphis: MIM Beale Street Music Festival

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Not the BBQ event a couple of weeks later, but the music festival that kicks it off the first weekend in May...

We have an opportunity to attend this 3 day event and we are seriously considering attending.

Who has been?
What do we need to know?

Haven't been to the Music Festival but:

Avoid Rendezvous at all costs
Check out the beer drinking goats at Silky O'Sullivan's
The best BBQ in Memphis is actually in Mississippi. Memphis BBQ Company
Check out the duck procession at the Peabody Hotel
Have the fried chicken at Gus's
Greasy burgers cooked in 100+ year old grease at Dwyer's

I'll double-down on the Avoid Rendezvous point. I had one bite, paid my tab and left.

This also explains the hotel shortage when I was looking at driving down there that Sunday, and how open things were when I changed it to Monday.

Ate at Cozy Corner and enjoyed it, but that was 5 or so years ago. I would recommend Rendezvous for a beer. I like the atmosphere. It's a pity the food is so bad. If you need an ego boost, you could order the ribs so you can feel really good about how much better you make them, but don't expect them to provide any other type of satisfaction.

Haven't been to the Music Festival but:

Avoid Rendezvous at all costs
Check out the beer drinking goats at Silky O'Sullivan's
The best BBQ in Memphis is actually in Mississippi. Memphis BBQ Company
Check out the duck procession at the Peabody Hotel
Have the fried chicken at Gus's
Greasy burgers cooked in 100+ year old grease at Dwyer's

This won’t be my first visit to Memphis and I learned long ago that Rendezvous is to be avoided.

We will be staying at the Peabody and I am looking forwards to the duck [emoji1658] walk.

How far outside of Memphis is Memphis BBQ?

About 2 miles out side the Memphis city limits/State line...

And the brisket is my least favorite of the meats, but still good. And the burger with the donuts for buns is interesting...

Probably about 20 minute drive south on I55 in Horn Lake Mississippi. Melissa Cookston's place.

Try the Jack Daniels peach sour at the lobby bar at the Peabody. Their signature cocktail, good stuff. And if you really want to splurge, a shot of Jack Daniels Sinatra Select. Smoooooootttthhhh.....

Back