Weber 26" vs 22.5" Grill?

Cheap upgrade for the 26 is the charcoal ring from an WSM 18. That or spend some mony and get a Vortex. I went cheap.

The 26" is very versatile and my most used grill/smoker. I took a grill rack from a 22" kettle, put carriage bolts in 4 places, set in on the 26" rack and can have two levels for small items to smoke (wings or country style ribs). Using the snake method can smoke for several hours.

Seems the vote is in for the 26 and from your needs i say go for it.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=731&pictureid=12082[IMG]

[IMG]https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=731&pictureid=8829[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well, I'm sold. They're hard to find around here, unfortunately, $449 CAD (about $350 USD) everywhere that has them :(

I have only the Performer. It's my only grill, and I grill 1-2 times per week. We have 5 children so I do run out of space once in a while or especially so if we have guests over. So I have been trying to decide whether to get a 26 Kettle, a pellet grill that is larger, or I keep thinking the Kamados are nice, but I really can't get one that's bigger than the Performer. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll probably just keep using the Performer and Slow N Sear for a while.

There was 26 last week, I was sick as a dog, otherwise it would have been in my backyard

I might just bite bullet and buy new.

It breaks my heart to hear that. I need to check CL every week instead of twice a month :(

It breaks my heart to hear that. I need to check CL every week instead of twice a month :(
You can also setup search notifications on CL, when something you're looking for pops up you'll be sent an email notification.

I have only the Performer. It's my only grill, and I grill 1-2 times per week. We have 5 children so I do run out of space once in a while or especially so if we have guests over. So I have been trying to decide whether to get a 26 Kettle, a pellet grill that is larger, or I keep thinking the Kamados are nice, but I really can't get one that's bigger than the Performer. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll probably just keep using the Performer and Slow N Sear for a while.
Get a red kettle. Limited edition.

For the cost of an extra grate and three bolt, six washers and nuts, creating 2 3/8" high legs, you can double the capacity for many things like chicken, CSR's, and ribs.
picture.php

picture.php

I have always heard that when you decide on what size to get......buy the next bigger one. I am the same with my weber 22"......would love to have the 26".

You can also setup search notifications on CL, when something you're looking for pops up you'll be sent an email notification.

Do you do that on CL itself, or one of the search engines that helps CL be a little more useable, like Search Tempest?

Back