***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Treats for Santa" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Treats for Santa" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Treats for Santa"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 1/2.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]zydecopaws[/size]
1488436_zydecopaws.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
1492892_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]Buster Dog BBQ[/size]
1493211_Buster_Dog_BBQ.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1493825_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]Moose[/size]
1494231_Moose.jpg

[size=+2]Thunder's Wife[/size]
1494416_Thunders_Wife.jpg

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
1494623_N8man.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1494657_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]The BBQ QB[/size]
1495413_The_BBQ_QB.jpg

[size=+2]big brother smoke[/size]
1495499_big_brother_smoke.jpg

Yeah, but there's no way you're getting to second mister!:mad:

I vote for the FIFTH of that lowland single malt. Also, if that toffee is anything near as good as what we received as a surprise then I have no choice but to vote for it.

Wow. We have a real apples vs. oranges competition here. I have no idea how I'm going to vote on this one. I think I'll just have to wait until the crowd votes and then join them. :p

How can I possibly resist Bacon-wrapped Burnt Ends? I can't. The others look amazing, and have winning qualities for sure. But burnt ends are my favorite BBQ treat, bar none. Wrap that in bacon, and you got me.:cool:

Wow. We have a real apples vs. oranges competition here. I have no idea how I'm going to vote on this one.

I agree, somehow I have it down to ecode and N8man and their two entries couldn't be any more different.

BTW, based on the plating, I think N8man is trying to become the second DOD around here.

According to the documentaries I've been watching as part of my re-education process, elves subsist on sugar. I hadn't even considered this when I coated that smoked salmon in maple syrup! By shear luck I might have avoided a goose-egg Christmas morning. :becky:

Of course I also noticed that Smoky had salmon-breath Christmas morning. :confused:

Crispy has advised me that while, his upper ball is very partial to bacon covered anything, his two lower balls have voiced their desire to meet N8's balls and .....

see how they stack up.

Happy New Year!

Had to go Ecode that toffee and Drumsticks had me from the beginning

Impressive entries everyone. I'm sure you made Santa a very happy fellow.

But, after letting the decision simmer for a few hours, I decided that to me, "Treat's for Santa" either meant a traditional Santa treat or a Santa themed treat. Not logical, but it worked for me. :-D That got me down three. ecode's entry was extremely impressive (as I'm learning is pretty much the norm), but the other two gave me a good chuckle - while being very creative. BBQ QB's entry was great, but I'm sorry, zydecopaws came first and made you looked like a copy cat (though the poem was a nice touch). :p Therefore, I vote zydecopaws for the win. :thumb:

But,.... But,.... Crispy used all 3 dimensions and,... and olives. And 3, count them, 3 balls of various sizes: a level of structure and engineering not even considered in a Meekie with glaucoma.

(Although I was going to go for glaucoma eyes first, but zydeco jumped in early.)

Crispy stand on his own too. So pppppbbbbllllttt.

Really, I laughed so much with my daughter while we were talking about his creation and regaling each other with his adventures in BBQ that the submission nearly didn't happen.

Thanx for the Throwdown fun.

But,.... But,.... Crispy used all 3 dimensions and,... and olives. And 3, count them, 3 balls of various sizes: a level of structure and engineering not even considered in a Meekie with glaucoma.

(Although I was going to go for glaucoma eyes first, but zydeco jumped in early.)

Crispy stand on his own too. So pppppbbbbllllttt.

Really, I laughed so much with my daughter while we were talking about his creation and regaling each other with his adventures in BBQ that the submission nearly didn't happen.

I thought it was great! Sure beat my Hampton Spuds.:-D

Generally the snacks go out when the girls go to bed and Santa doesn't arrive for a few more hours. While these all looked great, my first filter was actually how edible are these going to be after they've been sitting on the coffee table for 2-3 hours. This made my voting very easy. What I didn't consider though was that there are more than one kind of treat, and I never thought of a "visible treat." :doh: All documentaries agree that Santa has a hearty laugh, so he MUST have a great sense of humor. If I had to vote again, it would be between guacoma bear and the snowman.

Well I just had to go with Gore, even if he did ruin the Salmon with all that sugar. Maybe he should have left some hot peppers to offset the sweet. :becky:

Hmmmmmmm...Alan and Gore. Did y'all notice that the ENTIRE Team Husbands has voted for the Team Wives entry? What are we saying here?:shock:

Back