PitMinder or DigiQ for WSM????

Wi-Doe-Maker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been reading posts on TVWB and I'm still uncertain on which unit to buy...I have a WSM and only do backyard cooks...which is the better unit for my use, PitMinder or DigiQ?? Also which fan..4cf or 10 cf?? Advise is really appreciated as usual!!! Thank You....Wi-Doe

I've been reading posts on TVWB and I'm still uncertain on which unit to buy...I have a WSM and only do backyard cooks...which is the better unit for my use, PitMinder or DigiQ?? Also which fan..4cf or 10 cf?? Advise is really appreciated as usual!!! Thank You....Wi-Doe

I haven't used either one but have used the Stoker. It worked great. The four CFM fan will be fine.

If you are just looking for basic temp control, the pit minder will be fine. The Digi Q is basically an electronic pit minder with a few added features that you may or not need (ramp up etc).

Personally, what I like about the Digi Q best is the bright LED display that allows you to see the temp the pit is running at from a distance as compared to a dial.

A 4CFM fan should be fine for a WSM.

I run a Digi-Q with a 10 CFM fan on WSM. Personally, I'd go for the 10 CFM fan -- it's nice to have a little extra horsepower when you need it. I like the extra features of the Digi-Q.

I went with the DigiQ & 10 cfm fan mainly because the 10 cfm will handle larger cookers in the future. All I have to do is buy the right adapter & I'm set (cheap farker mod).

Back