MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Default My kids cooking backyard question

I want to know if my kids cooking in backyard would be wrong. There is a backyard only event coming up and my kids want to cook it. My son is 15 and three regional grilling champ in 4H that's as high as he can go. Hopefully he wins again this year and goes to the nationals. My daughter is 8 going on 28 both cook with me and know their way around our BBQ pits. Would it be wrong if I enter them into this contest I am mearly the driver the do all the prep and cooking I will be there to watch. Any input would be great

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

I don't see why this would be a problem as long as no age restrictions are stated in the registration form.

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

As long as the contest organizer has no problem with it, I can't think of a reason not to.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

If you cooked backyard only and you saw a pro guy pull in with his two kids and the kids do all th cooking would this bother ya I guess is my biggest question. I don't want to step on anyones toes

Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
msavard
Full Fledged Farker

As long as they REALLY do all the work and don't just act as your puppets I see no problem. I've seen lots of "kids projects" over the years taht were clearly not done by the kids :)

If you help them unload then crack a beer and flop down in a chair, cool .
If you are over their shoulders barking orders and/or holding their hands through the process... not cool

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Yeah the do it all i just watch thanks for the input guys

Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
MoGreen
On the road to being a farker

Crack a beer and flop in a chair? That's Mick, alright! He only learned how to start his own fire last weekend in Mobile! Just bring more than 4 squares of paper towels and the kids should be alright. That's gonna be a fun weekend.
MoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

IMHO you're good. Like they said above, relax and enjoy. Should be fun to watch,
even if they make mistakes.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote