March SPECIAL "Brethren Inspired" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New March Special Throwdown Category is...

"Brethren Inspired"

w0JJgq0.jpg

This was Fatback Joe's winning entry in the 2017 "
Pork Belly" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. The meal or main dish you prepare MUST be based on ANY past Throwdown winner as listed in the Hall of Flame.

You can find the current Hall of Flame HERE, which also lists winners from previous years.
THIS is where you will source your "Inspired" entries from. You can choose an entry that inspires you from ANY year from the Hall of Flame.

Again, the Hall of Flame is here
:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268598

2. You MUST include a link to the cook thread(or entry photo if no cook thread) of the past winner, and include their name in your entry.

3. You only need to prepare the main dish from a previous winning entry, although it's fine if you want to include the sides or any accompanying items that were included in the previous winner's dish.

4. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

5. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/1 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 4/1/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 4/1.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Sooo, if a winner used lamb or ribeye in a sandwich entry would my entry have to be the same meat? or would "sandwich" with a different protein get me into the game?

Hmmm... Interesting... I might have just found something I want to try...

Sooo, if a winner used lamb or ribeye in a sandwich entry would my entry have to be the same meat? or would "sandwich" with a different protein get me into the game?

I'll leave the final clarification up to the mods, but I'd say as long as it's a similar sandwich you'd be good to go. Say the original is a Philly Cheese steak and you make a Philly chicken steak. I think that would be ok, but if you made say a pork grilled cheese, that would be something totally different.

How about duplicating a 3rd place entry? It's still Brethren Inspired...

Very cool category. I will bet that there will be some awesome entries.

You people sure ask a lot of questions! :biggrin1:

We did this TD in the past, and your entry should be a close duplication of the previous TD you modeled your entry after. Here's a good example:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3741096&postcount=9

So in other words, if the entry you modeled yours after had lamb or ribeye as the meat ingredient, than that is what you should use.

I'll leave the final clarification up to the mods, but I'd say as long as it's a similar sandwich you'd be good to go. Say the original is a Philly Cheese steak and you make a Philly chicken steak. I think that would be ok, but if you made say a pork grilled cheese, that would be something totally different.

See my comment above.

How about duplicating a 3rd place entry? It's still Brethren Inspired...

Nope. Only winning entries from the Hall of Flame. There are MANY to choose from!

This ought to be good. Can I duplicate one of mine?

I don't think that would go over well, at least in terms of getting votes for creativity and originality...but you could always try and see what happens. :becky:

So, let's get this party started and start submitting your entries! :thumb:

Wow! This is Cool. I may come out of retirement for this one. Looking at the Hall of Flame over the years is indeed inspiring.

Last edited:
This is an entry...

We have a had quite a few beef rib throwdowns in the history of the Brethren TDs, and we have a lot of great beef rib cooks! I went back to the Beef Rib Throwdown in 2011 and R2EGG2Q’s beautiful short ribs for my inspiration.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1761861&postcount=40

I bought a pack of chuck short ribs at Restaurant Depot a while back and vacuum sealed them and put them in the freezer. I pulled out a rack and tossed them in one of my Hunsaker drums today. The ribs cooked for 2 1/2 hours on the grate at 275 and then foiled with some stock for about 1:15, until they were tender, and then rested. We served them with hash browns and grilled broccoli.

F2-B7472-F-9-ABB-4-EE9-BC45-454-C20-D52-AB4.jpg

DA7-CCF76-39-A2-4-DAC-A9-B1-B39-BB5825678.jpg

35-D9-B26-E-CD9-E-42-A1-B0-BB-6-BEBD99738-AE.jpg

C346-EAEE-DFDC-4-F64-B671-34-DB13-C1-E395.jpg

Please use this as the entry photo

Last edited:
Ok folks, that's a wrap. Poll to follow shortly!

Back