Partner needed for Best BBQ this side of Mason Dixon

bbqjoe said:

Local roadside shack that got shut down by town. Food is really overpriced and it sucks! 28.50 for a rack of ribs 20.00 for a pound of brisket.

the town shut him down i talked to him today and hes has plans to open a storefront place on route 110 melville

$6/lb for potato salad?

$3 per rib?

Should be greek style bbq. Cause if you are paying those prices you are getting it in the ...............

Sled,

What's the Texas Devil Dog for $4 ?

Did you call him to be an investor and help make his food better ?

I never got around to trying his food so I don't know if all the rumors are true... Good or no good, he has to get some credit for getting into the BBQ business on LI before it began taking off.

MilitantSquatter said:
Sled,

What's the Texas Devil Dog for $4 ?

Did you call him to be an investor and help make his food better ?

I never got around to trying his food so I don't know if all the rumors are true... Good or no good, he has to get some credit for getting into the BBQ business on LI before it began taking off.

I was up in the area on sunday and noticed he was shut down so i called the number and rick answered and he gave me the scoop. He told me the info about about the new joint would be on his website. I dodnt care much for his food they did have good pies and cornbread but he was super expensive for the food in comparison to what you recieved and how it tasted, i will say one thing he was always busy no matter what time i passed there. The thing that made me stop when i first went was the big signs he had all over the area that stated authentic texas bbq and seeing those big homemade smokers.

Wasn't that from I'm Gonna Get You Sucka? I think it was Chris Rock was the guy who was asking for the ribs.... funny chit man

Back