• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

two st louis contest on the same weekend

B

beam boys bbq

i was just told that cables of hazelwood will be having there contest on the same weekend as the washington mo contest:twisted:

me and jeff brinker have been on this board of directors for two years to bring an good contest and this is what happend ( i just don't know)

KCBS has aproved us for this weekend and the cableas one does't have KCBS aprovel yet

apr 17-18-2009

i would love to see cables move there and then i could do both

st louis does't have that many contest any way and to have two on the same weekend is just nuts

your thoughts

york

Hey York, I just pulled the flyer St louis Greg was handing out at Hermann.It says that date is tentative.I didn't think there could be a contest that close on the same day that was sanctioned kcbs. I have his email if you want to contact him..Peter

i have e mailed him two i have not gotten an reply yet

york

I know greg was trying to figure it out. I'm bummed cause I'm going skiing early march which means no contest for me. I might be able to judge though

whell i talked to greg and his is set up on the same weekend and we both can't move it so here you go st louis two contest on one weekend

see ya there

york

That's just bad planning. Guess which ever one has the better amenities will win. Power at Cabella's was generators last year (read LOUD). I think they had water. And it was cold an windy up there.

What's Washington going to be like?

That sucks...I wonder why he would move the Hazelwood date when he had such a good turn out this year...

That sucks...I wonder why he would move the Hazelwood date when he had such a good turn out this year...

There was a few reasons. The biggest is my father in law in getting married in Feb. but they are having their reception at the end of March.

So that pushes me back into April

April 25-26 will be Jeff City.
April 12 is Easter.

I wanted to stay away from Easter. If I choose April 17-18 then I dont have to deal with Easter until 2014. Easter hits the first weekend in April in 2011 - I think.

So I went about trying to gain approvals from everyone I need to gain approvals from. Ranging from but not just including the Mall and Cabela's and I was more than halfway through that process at Hermann. I got the final approval last Friday - four months to get all of my approvals. I dont have time to go back and try to get another weekend.

Basically this happened because York thought we were staying in March and I thought they were staying in June - like they were going to do this year.

And on top of that, April 17-18 is the same weekend as Springfield.

BTW, the St. Louis area calendar is becoming a little Full.

There is me and Washington
Then Jeff City the next week.
Then Wamac the following week.
The weekend after that is Tiger Shrine Club in Columbia
There will be a SLBS event in the middle of May.
There is Steelville that same weekend
Then at the end of the month there is a contest in Edwarsdville this year - KCBS isnt sure they want to sanction it because of Taylorville - the contest will go on regardless.
The World Pork Steak championships will also be that weekend.
St. Jacob has a little contest the first weekend in June.
Then there is Mt.Vernon the following weekend.

That just takes us to the middle of June!
Then there is Pacific, Ste. Gen, Murphysboro, Ballwin/Hermann on the same weekend.

Twoyears ago we had just a couple of choices. Now it is all of our jobs to build some more teams so we can even more contests and nice local circuit.

Mid April is early enough in the year that you'll pull teams from KC, Chicagoland, and Memphis. Folks will be ready for a contest, and you won't be competing with many other midwest contests.

I wouldn't worry about numbers.

Mid April is early enough in the year that you'll pull teams from KC, Chicagoland, and Memphis. Folks will be ready for a contest, and you won't be competing with many other midwest contests.

I wouldn't worry about numbers.

That is most certainly true! All we have to do is get me to 25 teams and him to 15 and we are both good!

I checked the team list from my contest vs. the team list for the Springfield contest from last year and I am only goning to lose one team. I think we will both be ok for this year

Jeff and York,

I'll see if we can put Washington on our 2009 schedule. Gotta see what my work situation is going to be first.

Jeff and York,

I'll see if we can put Washington on our 2009 schedule. Gotta see what my work situation is going to be first.

Todd,
That would be awesome. Here is my my offer to you. My pit and trailer will be there either way. If you want to use it, it's yours for the weekend - call it "Temporary Plowboy Housing". Save you pulling yours down. If not, I'll cook on it. Have fun!

MT V will not be happening the normal weekend. Chamber of Commerce does not want to deal with it that weekend. I talked with Troy and said something about moving it back to the airport later in the year. Some sort of Apple fest or something fest weekend in the fall

I was deffinatley goign to support York this year. Man - April is cold though, Brian and i in EZ-Up will be not good. Maybe we wil lfind a trailer by then.

We are looking for a used enclosed trailer to work on over the winter. Anybody know of one let us know.

Mt. Vernon, IL 2009 Contest?

The only thing I can say for certain right now is that the Mt. Vernon, IL contest will not happen in June of 2009. The chamber of commerce for the city doesn't see the music fest and cookoff as a money making weekend so they have pulled their support. There is a whole littany of things I could say about that but I'll leave it alone, they are not going to support it this year.

Mt. Vernon has a week long fall festival that happens typically mid October. There is talk of moving the '09 contest to coincide with that and moving the cookoff back to the local airport where we started 6 years ago. The festival just ended about 2 weeks ago and the organizers are just finishing up from this year. Planning for next year will start fairly soon I'm certain and I should know more in a few weeks.

Troy Heitmeyer
Mt. Vernon, IL KCBS contest organizer

i was just told that cables of hazelwood will be having there contest on the same weekend as the washington mo contest:twisted:

me and jeff brinker have been on this board of directors for two years to bring an good contest and this is what happend ( i just don't know)

KCBS has aproved us for this weekend and the cableas one does't have KCBS aprovel yet

apr 17-18-2009

i would love to see cables move there and then i could do both

st louis does't have that many contest any way and to have two on the same weekend is just nuts

your thoughts

york

Why don't the two of you get together and try to make it work. Could one of the contest be a Friday/Saturday contest and the other a Saturday/Sunday event?

I think you'ld get a lot of teams entering both contests if you did that, especially guys like Rod and Scotty!

Best of luck in pulling it off! I hope it all falls in place for you guys!

But I think I had heard the Jeff City contest is changing weekends as well....and I thought it was the 17th-18th.....
Anyone heard the same?

I was emailing Bruce Ring earlier in the year and he said they ware moving to the last weekend.

Back