Two Years Old!

nmayeux

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I just realized as I was stowing my stuff after a really nice cook yesterday that my little Lang has just turned two years old. Over the past two years, I have cooked on this little beast at least once every two weeks, and the only part that I have replaced is the grate in the firebox. Actually, I just replaced the grate because I liked the newer version, and I just happened to be in Ben's shop...

If I had any complaints, it would be that I didn't by a larger version: however, the reality is that I have had her packed to capacity only a couple of times.

I believe today, as I did when I finally decided to buy her, that this little smoker is the best bang for the buck. After two years of regular abuse, she is as good, if not better than new!

Here are a couple of pics I took as I was putting things up:

Attachments

• old smoker 1.jpg
    old smoker 1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 266
  • old smoker 2.jpg
    old smoker 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 267
It looks like you've taken very good care of it ... in turn it looks great for two years old! Would love to add a Lang to the collection one day.

If I could spare the cash for an 84, I'd make you a deal!

P.S. What did you do to that kid in your avitar?

I can tell you take good care of her. Is her name Marie Laveau?

Kevin, you don't by any chance remember that song do you? I thought it to be pretty fitting for a smoker...

Kevin, you don't by any chance remember that song do you? I thought it to be pretty fitting for a smoker...

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Was my first reccolection. But I am a listener of classic blues and zydeco music. Love that stuff. My neighbors just stare in disbelief when I've got some Clifton Chenier playing on a Sunday morning.

Any one got a link for Lang Smokers?

Hey Noah,
She's still lookin' good..
...haven't talked in a while , I hope all is well ....looks as though it might be.:mrgreen:
BTW, do you keep that EZ-Up, up all the time?? thought about it here but afraid the West Texas wind would be too much for the long haul!

Hey Noah,
She's still lookin' good..
...haven't talked in a while , I hope all is well ....looks as though it might be.:mrgreen:
BTW, do you keep that EZ-Up, up all the time?? thought about it here but afraid the West Texas wind would be too much for the long haul!
Yeah man, its getting pretty lonely around here with out you..:cry: As for the tent, its up pretty much every time I cook, but I have to anchor her down if the wind picks up.

She's a beauty, Noah. You can tell that you've been real good to her. Them Langs are built to last....

You are keepin' her look really great.
My Lang is almost 3 years old and she is a Crankin' Meat like there ain't no tomorrow, also.
There is NO way you could burn out a Lang.
It's a Meat Party Machine.
Smoke On!!!!!

I just realized as I was stowing my stuff after a really nice cook yesterday that my little Lang has just turned two years old. Over the past two years, I have cooked on this little beast at least once every two weeks, and the only part that I have replaced is the grate in the firebox. Actually, I just replaced the grate because I liked the newer version, and I just happened to be in Ben's shop...

If I had any complaints, it would be that I didn't by a larger version: however, the reality is that I have had her packed to capacity only a couple of times.

I believe today, as I did when I finally decided to buy her, that this little smoker is the best bang for the buck. After two years of regular abuse, she is as good, if not better than new!

Here are a couple of pics I took as I was putting things up:

Amen brother and happy b-day to the lang....still can't thank you enough for helping s make our decsion, we love it!!!....as kickass says SMOKE ON!!!!

Back