Have I shown you my UDS?

Uncle Buds BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I actually built it over a month ago and used it at the Atlanta comp. I didn't have time to get some picks so I thought I would post some tonight.

UDS01.jpg

I won't go into the build because there is more than enough info on that in the mega UDS thread. You will notice the "rock" mod on mine. I had to grind down the drum rim to get the lid to fit, but when the whole thing gets up to temp it "pops" the lid up. Rock does the trick!

UDS02.jpg

I love my $4 handles from the Home Depot!
UDS03.jpg

I tried to keep it simple so I went with the flexible magnets I found on the frig.
UDS04.jpg

At the comp we cooked the brisket and then Tom, one of our team members, took the UDS home and did some butts. I was in the mood for ribs tonight so I thought I would see how they went on the drum.
UDS05.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmm
UDS06.jpg

This is "Scooter" who likes to help me cook by staying right under foot hoping I will trip and dump the ribs on the ground. :eusa_clap
UDS07.jpg

He is a good dog but no ribs for you tonight! Farker!
UDS08.jpg

Bud, nice drum there brother. Looks like you got that super cooker working to perfection. Cool pup there to. Our last dog was named "Scooter" so that was cool to see. Maybe that is what my avatar will look like when he grows up:biggrin: Scooter looks like a fatty thief to me!

Love the rock mod. Whatever works!

Great looking grub.

Looks like success.
Thank you!
Bud, nice drum there brother. Looks like you got that super cooker working to perfection. Cool pup there to. Our last dog was named "Scooter" so that was cool to see. Maybe that is what my avatar will look like when he grows up Scooter looks like a fatty thief to me!
When I was posting the pic I though how similar he looked to your avatar!
Great looking grub.
Thanks. Just finished! I'm stuffed!
Nice drum! The rock mod is priceless.
If you only knew!!!! When the lid popped on the test run the only thing available was the rock that my wife used to build a little retaining wall for her flowers. I think that rock cost like 7 bucks!!! So it is one of the MOST expensive parts of the build!

Ribs look great! Noah and I have talked about having a UDS building party in Atlanta some time, I still haven't built mine. Been searching craigslist for a cheap SS drum, but still haven't found one.
Wifey will divorce me if I added another smoker or grill to the deck right now, so I should probably find a home for my Bandera before building a UDS.

Maybe you have invented the "pop-up lid timer". Now to figure out how to calibrate it...

Ribs look great! Noah and I have talked about having a UDS building party in Atlanta some time, I still haven't built mine. Been searching craigslist for a cheap SS drum, but still haven't found one.
Wifey will divorce me if I added another smoker or grill to the deck right now, so I should probably find a home for my Bandera before building a UDS.
Mark, count me in on the build party but why do you want to go stainless steal! Just paint it silver! :lol:

I think you should share some ribs with your little buddy....He looks Hungry!!!:biggrin:

I think you should share some ribs with your little buddy....He looks Hungry!!!:biggrin:
Yeah...right...you can tell he never eats! :icon_sad

He did snag an ABT I dropped one time. He won't EVER do that again!

scooter looks like he's gonna bite ya in the arse. better throw him a rib !

I would try some jeep hood tie down type clamps for the popping lid problem but I have to say the rock mod rocks.

Love the rock but not as much as the Scooter... Our dog is some piece of crap thing called a Bijon Frise... French for poodle regardless of what the AKC says. I won't even walk the thing, I'd get my *ss kicked if I did.

Love the rock "Mod" - Scooter will get those ribs.......someday

Back