Reheating Ribs Revisited

milehigh

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've reheated ribs in the microwave and in foodsaver bags. Had some in the fridge from sundays smoke and searched on here for threads on reheating. Came across a thread, by Niel i think, where his mom overdid them in the oven and all the smoke flavor was gone. "no way" i thought. FYI "yes way"
Fired up the egg with the leftover charcoal, foiled the ribs with a little AJ, and reheated at 250 for about an hour. NO smoke flavor at all.
Was it the AJ that sucked out the flavor? Does this happen with pulled pork or brisket?

Food for Thought

Paul

I normally microwave ribs to reheat them and haven't noticed a significant loss of smoky flavor. Hummm, I am going to pay more attention to this in the future. Thanks for bringing this up.

I just reheated some BB's that I did on Sat. in the microwave and they were still great, plenty of smoke flavor and they didn't dry out like they do when reheating in the oven... Just my 2cents...

I store almost all my leftover BBQ in foodsaver bags and reheat in "gently boiling" water. key is gentle simmer...I've had bags burst open when the boil was to high... Ribs work great this way.

When I reheat ribs, I usually do it in our toaster oven. about 20 mins at 300. And maybe a coating of sauce about half way. They never loose any of the flavor.

FYI, any leftovers get split into 3-4 bone pieces.

Remember they are already done your just warming them up. I think an hour might be too long, and that 's where your loosing the flavour. Being in the heat that much longer after the fat has been rendered out is evaporating the moisture and taking the flavour with it. The AJ might help keep them moist but it also might be diluting or sucking out the flavour.

For PP I usually reheat in the microwave but at a lower setting(60%) for not longer than 2 minutes.

I've never made brisket.

I usually just reheat in the oven in aluminum foil and add some sauce part way thru. I haven't thrown one out yet.:cool:

Back