• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

how do i explain another grill......

Forgot to ask if you have young ones? If you do, you can say it's for them. Help get them interested in grilling and some bonding time since every kid loves them some Homer Simpson! I'm 25 and the Simpson's are still my favorite animated cartoon!

I have been thinking about this and all this wishey washy is not bbq manly – frankly I am embarrassed for all of you. Lay down the law like I do and let her know who is boss – this is what I would do:

I would get home at 5:30 p.m. and slam the door (because I am King of the castle) and tell her flat out – “Hell yeah I bought a new grill and I will buy a new one any time I damn well please – now go pour me a cold beer - bring it to me and shut your pie hole!

Of course she doesn’t get home until 6:00 p.m. but the dogs and cats know who is King! I also get to the package first and get it to the garage - what she doesn't know want hurt me.

Forgot to ask if you have young ones? If you do, you can say it's for them. Help get them interested in grilling and some bonding time since every kid loves them some Homer Simpson! I'm 25 and the Simpson's are still my favorite animated cartoon!

hahaha! that's how i explained the mini bge a few years ago.

Nice i saw that an was gonna bid on that too but since i have one already but not NIB...i didnt bid PLUS i just bought 3 grills this week sooooo.... Nice catch man!!

well, you see, i was sort of looking on ebay at the old, but new in box weber smokey joe simpsons grill and while i already have three bge's and a weber otg, i've always liked this little smokey joe for some reason. i was bidding on one a couple weeks ago and i ran the bid up to $92 before i let it go to the eventual winner.

fast forward a couple weeks and another one pops up and i saw the bid was at $61, so i threw in $67.75 with five hours to go and i forgot about it.

got to work this morning and saw where i won the bid at $62, so i guess i'll get to explain this in a few days....

BOLD=mine for emphasis

You guys are all missing the boat here. We have a Brother on here that has the perfect opportunity to pull the "Wife's" card.

Just say, "Honey, it was on sale! I saved 33%!":clap::tongue:

+ 1 for sneaking it in then saying you've had it for awhile when she notices. Maybe keep it in an out of the way corner so she won't notice it for a week or so.

This type of stuff is the reason I'm still debating if I want to get married or not that and in a divorce I'd loose every thing I own.

This type of stuff is the reason I'm still debating if I want to get married or not that and in a divorce I'd loose every thing I own.

Having been married before and now re-married, your choice of a spouse is just as important as your choice in a smoker. Check under the hood. Run a few test smokes in it. See if it lasts a year in all weather conditions before you buy it.

I thought I had bought a Lang the first time, but she turned out to be a leaky Char-Broiler.

The new Mrs SJ (and there ain't going to be a third) is...well...

If you took all of the good qualities of the top smokers and put them together, you'd have her.

If you don't want to share your life or your toys, then stay single. Marriage is not for everybody. It involves risk. But I can say that a good marriage is a hell of a lot better than being single.

Having been married before and now re-married, your choice of a spouse is just as important as your choice in a smoker. Check under the hood. Run a few test smokes in it. See if it lasts a year in all weather conditions before you buy it.

I thought I had bought a Lang the first time, but she turned out to be a leaky Char-Broiler.

The new Mrs SJ (and there ain't going to be a third) is...well...

If you took all of the good qualities of the top smokers and put them together, you'd have her.

If you don't want to share your life or your toys, then stay single. Marriage is not for everybody. It involves risk. But I can say that a good marriage is a hell of a lot better than being single.
I don't mind sharing I just don't want to lose all the stuff my grandfather has given to me over the years over a poor choice of a spouse. Then again I'm still in high school so I got time.

I don't mind sharing I just don't want to lose all the stuff my grandfather has given to me over the years over a poor choice of a spouse. Then again I'm still in high school so I got time.

man, you have at least a dozen years to think about it then. :decision:

A reference to the number of pairs of shoes, purses or the like would work at my home.

That's my go to! I always say, "You have enough money in boots, shoes and designer purses to buy 20 grills!" Of course her reply is always, "You can cook on the same smoker every day. I can't wear the same clothes every day." Then I say, "Of course you can!"

That's when I get in trouble...

Back