The "I like my grilled meats no longer walking" appreciation club

I think there are many PNWBA judges in this club...at least the comments I've received on my perfectly cooked (IMHO) tri-tip lead me to believe so. :mad:

It seems I must pretend to be an "overcooker" to make them happy!! :twisted:

I will never be a member of this club.

Some things are tender when well done but hardly anything that is grilled.

Moist, juicy and tender rule the grilling world.

Your club will be a cult and not mainstream!

sandiegobbq,

Enjoy your fresh roadkill. :tsk: I'm sure it is plenty juicy.

If enjoying well cooked meat = Cult, I'm good with dat.

sandiegobbq,

Enjoy your fresh roadkill. :tsk: I'm sure it is plenty juicy.

If enjoying well cooked meat = Cult, I'm good with dat.
Waiiit, now your knocking road kill?:boxing:
Typical, never tried it I bet!:heh:

With the negative aspects of corbonized dry red meat on the colon your cult will be short lived...literally!:becky::razz::laugh:

With the negative aspects of corbonized dry red meat on the colon your cult will be short lived...literally!:becky::razz::laugh:

+1 for your team...but do you realize if your Thermapen is a degree or two off, your tummy could be a breeding ground for E coli.:doh:

Yummy.

According to the FDA! Hah.:crazy:
Didn't you read the part about eating chicken raw?
It is sincere, factual.
The fact is, the FDA states a chicken cooked to a safe temperature has the meat near the thigh bone @180F and if you cooked food according to the FDA sanitation and food safety requirements you would just never eat chicken again.
At Thigh 180F the breast and rest would be like cauterized rubber, 170F!.
So, really you have been on our team all along Tortaboy!:idea:

Last edited:
I'm an undercooker.:bow: I just do not like the texture of too well done meats. The only meat I like to be the texture of beef jerky is...well, beef jerky:thumb:

Same here friend. I love sashimi and sushi with raw fish, so you can infer how I like my other meats.

I'm a medium man. No blood in steak. Never eat prime rib because it is too raw for me. I like my burgers chared on the outside, juicy in the middle, no pink. A lot of the photos I see look here a little under done for me.

+1 for your team...but do you realize if your Thermapen is a degree or two off, your tummy could be a breeding ground for E coli.:doh:

Yummy.

A degree or two? I pull my steaks at internal temp of 95°.

I like a hint of bit of pink in a steak, but I have also had well done steaks that were not dry, or tough. For some the enjoyment of eating a steak is in the char grilled almost burnt but not quite outside.

Now as for Burgers, my burgers come off the grill well done, and at the very least medium well. I NEVER have dry burgers!

I'm a medium man. No blood in steak. Never eat prime rib because it is too raw for me. I like my burgers chared on the outside, juicy in the middle, no pink. A lot of the photos I see look here a little under done for me.

Hi Pappy,

Welcome to the club!

I'm thinking if we blindfolded the OP and fed him some perfectly cooked med rare Tri tip along with some fresh made garlic bread dipped in the Tri tip juice (it's not blood) off the cutting board, he'd be kicked out of his own club!

Med rare for me all the way. I actually think most of the pics of grilled meat posted on this forum are slightly overcooked, especially the TT. But I've tried to refrain from commenting on the overcooked stuff because I realize others have different tastes than me. :tape:

A degree or two? I pull my steaks at internal temp of 95°.

Guess you could save a lot of money this way. No need for a silly grill or other equipment.

All you need to do is put your meat on a piece of tin foil outside....turn after 10 minutes to warm the backside....done.

A fly net may be a nice touch.:shocked:

I like a hint of bit of pink in a steak, but I have also had well done steaks that were not dry, or tough. For some the enjoyment of eating a steak is in the char grilled almost burnt but not quite outside.

Now as for Burgers, my burgers come off the grill well done, and at the very least medium well. I NEVER have dry burgers!

We'll let you in the club...ONLY cause were desperate for membership.

Don't be eating any less than "Bit of pink" though.

I'm thinking if we blindfolded the OP and fed him some perfectly cooked med rare Tri tip along with some fresh made garlic bread dipped in the Tri tip juice (it's not blood) off the cutting board, he'd be kicked out of his own club!

Med rare for me all the way. I actually think most of the pics of grilled meat posted on this forum are slightly overcooked, especially the TT. But I've tried to refrain from commenting on the overcooked stuff because I realize others have different tastes than me. :tape:

+1 for taking into account the feelings of others

-2 for your cooking tastes

-10 for thinking you could fool me into enjoying (almost) raw animal flesh:crazy:

According to the FDA! Hah.:crazy:
Didn't you read the part about eating chicken raw?
It is sincere, factual.
The fact is, the FDA states a chicken cooked to a safe temperature has the meat near the thigh bone @180F and if you cooked food according to the FDA sanitation and food safety requirements you would just never eat chicken again.
At Thigh 180F the breast and rest would be like cauterized rubber, 170F!.
So, really you have been on our team all along Tortaboy!:idea:

?:crazy:

Back