THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MilitantSquatter

It's nice to see good barbecue videos/shows. These and "Ultimate Showdown" are the best I've seen in some time. Not sure about using the pressure cooker and slow cookers though.

Enjoyed that! Especially the Wilbers cut. My girl is from Goldsboro, and grew up on Wilbers. Her family knows him, and she always saw Mr. Wilber there when she ever went there. She goes there whenever she is up there now, and Mr Wilber is always there too. That banana puddin' done 'er in. She also said that his Brunswick stew is to die for. We always have Wilbers sauce on hand. Thanks for the post!!

Oh wow, thanks for sharing this! I watched the Smitty's video and have bookmarked the link so I can watch the others later. Interesting that the pit with the brisket was running around 400 degrees!
The Voltaggio brothers are both incredible cooks on their own.

I've eaten in that old hallway at Smitty's. It is open to the pits and the walls are black with smoke. It was the original restaurant, and the A/C and tables with overhead lights is a relatively "new" addition. I can't even begin to describe how the combination of fantastic tastes and flavors combines with all that history to give you a sense of what BBQ is really about.

Wilbur's is what classic NC whole hog BBQ is all about. Don't miss a chance to experience it before the modern world decides that it's not sterile enough to avoid a lawsuit. God forbid you ate something cooked over open flame in the great state of NC.

Thanks for posting these!

Back