• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Danny Gaulden's Rib Glaze

Greyeagle

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This use to be talked about a lot a few years back, anyone still use this?
Danny Gaulden's Rib Glaze -

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 - 1/3 cup mustard
1/4 - 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar

KC

It's good stuff...I haven't made it in a few years, but it's simple & different and I like it a lot... Need to use it again soon.

Danny Gaulden is a member here (aka Danny).. and has occasionally posted too.

Might want to also check out Donnie's rip off... umm, I mean tribute to, :wink: the Gaulden glaze with his take called the "Big Mable's Candy Glaze" (see the reference at 3:54 mark).....

Pitmaster T Series - Big Maybelle's Candy Glaze - YouTube

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]i made something similar but while i was at safeway picking up the mustard i noticed safeway had their own brand and one of them was their sweet and spicy mustard so a made two batches one with reg mustard and one with sweet and spicy. the sweet and spicy was by far the best everyone loved it.[/FONT]

Finally got around to what I wanted to try

I liked Gaulden's Rib Glaze but Donnie's tweak that he called Big Maybelle Candy Glaze seemed good too and needed to test it out..

so here's what I did

1C Brown Sugar
1/3C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4+C Yellow Mustard
1/4C Chopped Maraschino Cherries
1/8C+ Worcestershire Sauce
Shake of Rub

This was real good applied to a hot rack of spares... though I might make a few tweaks if I try it again, but not by much.

Last edited:
When the stuff sticks and if you use the weep method when those cherries lock on the meat and sort of dehumidify....

I call them clitocherrifiouses.

They are like little puffy nipples of cherry exploding in your mouth. sometimes, its is so good, you often will take the dripping sticky little spares and spread them apart and just suck the little cherry clitori off of the meat, leaving the outer meat intact.

LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2RHz7CLfY&list=UUk3LOyIOWUwD6hYtSzBoh7w&index=2&feature=plcp"]Pitmaster T Series - Big Maybelle's Candy Glaze - YouTube[/ame]

Back