'Handle' change ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Q_Egg

.....thought it was appropriate to make public note of my name change from 'tommy_bandera' to Q_Egg. I am a bit embarrassed ... especially after the incredible support I received on my first post asking for help with a Butt on the Bandera!
Two important issues prompted the change to a BGE Large ceramic cooker ....1) I really need to regularly bake bread and pizza during the long, hot, Summer here in southwestern Utah. 2) In spite of working hard to do the key mods on my new Bandera, I still used a huge amount of charcoal (and some wood) on that cook, and had to tend the fire almost every 30-40 minutes to keep the temp from cycling badly.
If I had the space on my enclosed, raised, deck I would have kept both cookers but it's not possible.
Thanks for the super support so far. I plan to do as much smoking and Q as the Big Green Egg will allow. Maybe I can do some deck mods and bring on another 'traditional' smoker down the road a bit.
Regards,

WHERE did your Bandera Go??

I gotta find u the posts on sitting(WSM, BGE) v. sticking(stickburners) v. Pooping(pellet cookers).

The stickburners are theraputic to some of us.. but we also have one or both of the others for thse days we dont waqnt to play with fire. Having both, or all 3 just gives you choices on how to spend your time. :)

Welcome again, grab another cold one and stay in the fray:biggrin:

For Phil .. Bandera went back to Home Depot without any .....

..... hassle at all. I was very impressed (and surprised) given that it had obviously been through a 9-hour cook. Whether a future BSKD would provide an ideal interim step toward 'the ultimate' cooker is an interesting possibility.

Welcome aboard again!

I like you old name better:biggrin: jus kiddin, welcome until your next name change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back