BBQ Brethren "Fruit" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Fruits!"[/size]
FC02-7542.jpg

Photo from fotobank[/url].

...as chosen by FattyMac, the winner of the Roots Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/4 through Sunday 6/13.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 6/13.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 6/14 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 6/18. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Salad Throwdown until Sunday night 6/6 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Food from a place you'd like to visit Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Fruits as in meat right? Jk This should be another interesting throwdown.

Fruits de sty, Fruits de range, Fruits de meadow ....

I just can't decide.

Why didn't I just wait a couple of days and overlap my salad entry w/ this? :shock:
Not sure where to go with this one now.

Wish my Mom's crab apple tree wasn't 200 miles away. Maple crab apple sausage pancakes.

Roots, salads and now fruits...WTH! I have a killer cherry sauce and a real nice shot of it on a hunk of meat, wonder if that counts.

I really need to proof my posts and consider them more carefully.

I'm thinking a bright red apple in the mouth of a 200lb Whole Hog :becky:

Chocolate Cherries Jubilee

Saw plenty of recipes for cherries jubilee, but none for chocolate cherries jubilee. I cooked some cherries, with a little wine and a little sugar and a little corn starch and a little butter.

IMG_0220-1.jpg

Then I poured this on top of some French vanilla ice cream, added some chunks of chocolate and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

IMG_0236-1.jpg

Then I added some cherry brandy to the top (Chris, use this pic)

IMG_0237-1.jpg

and watched it all get melty and gooey

IMG_0240-1.jpg

Dammit Gore! That is too good! It's not fair! Nice work by the way.:cool: It's not fair!

Dammit Gore! That is too good! It's not fair! Nice work by the way.:cool: It's not fair!

Thanks Chris, but you and I both know that isn't going anywhere, even without the Moink-berries that are bound to be submitted.

Yeah, it's probably too good. Since I'd vote for it, you'll probably wind up in the middle of the pack.

Back