pulled the plug- pick & choose

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
not to say we failed or gave up but....
the concession thing @ the track was starting to drop in numbers & it was getting to be more about carnival food & breaking even than quality BBQ & having fun doing it so i pulled the plug.
i choose to call it hitting the reset button.i want to get back to just BBQ catering,special events,cook books,calendars,custom smoked meats,& my online products. i figure i can spend the winter working on the trailer,equipt.,& maybe attending some bashes or throwing one.i was cleaning up the trailer yesterday & realized w/ all the extra junk i got it's time to go bigger(@ least 24x8')-and now i have to get a bigger truck too.
faint.gif

so i spent saturday watching the UT-TECH game & sunday watching tony get ripped by a mechanical failure,my titans go down to the texans,having a great nap on a rainy day,then watching that "thing" w/ my cowboys....AND i didn't have booze stocked.ain't retirement/mr. mom life grand??
i figure w/ what i spend weekly on stock i can easily triple my advertising & get some new & better equiptment to make my life easier.word to those wanting to get into catering/vending-sterno will kill you on costs.
we had a great time doing it but it was more like work & not the fun.yeah i know work but what i mean is-work to not do what i want to do or my specialty.i had a work study teacher in high school that said- do what you love because if you don't- you won't do it well.
now on the high note-most of us don't like to eat bbq after cooking it for 20+ hours & i'm liking the junk food so i have some brisket chili i'm about to throw over tatertots(only have 30lbs of those left)w/ my queso on top.. there may be pics as i'm "on the whiskey" but if it "never happened",i'll be the 1st to know after coffee in the morning..lol
enjoy your day & i'm open for calls...
thumb.gif

Well if what yer doin ain't workin for ya, better to change direction then start not likin the best part of it. Were lookin to change direction as well, new the caterin was gonna go south with the economy, so within 2 years we will be in the concessions business geared toward festivals an town parties an such. Maybe some on the weekends around town.

Won't more en likely be this next summer, life happens, but plannin for the summer after.

Good luck with the new adventure!

well thats just kind of it- it was working,but it wasn't fun or what i wanted to do.concessions are great but a whole different headache when travelling- that means local & that state biz taxes & inspection, a couple extra days in county to do it( i did this before non food vending)it's all work...and hard work @ that.. reprogramming registers, tax rates, licenses,etc....thats not even being a food vendor....yeah- ya better love it.....i owned my own commercial fishing ventures prior to & including this- yeah i'm a workaholic....i'm thinking it's time to take care of the liver & the cholesterol a bit for a year or two & have fun raising my youngest & last daughter....i finally have that option.

thanx bubba but i'm not @ a loss. actually they may have a part for me in sons of anarchy.....:twisted:
i'm just reevaluating & redirecting...heck- if tom arnold can get casted as a orn director.....
we actually have negotiations w/ stewart/haas racing & another "tongue waving" rock legend...

Back