Sliced pork

Callahan-que

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Rick
I love pulled pork and I've done many but I want to smoke some pork for slicing. My question is what is the preferred cut of pork to smoke for slicing?.

Are you looking for fatty slices or lean slices? I like Pork Loin a lot because I like the slices leaner, but you can also cook a butt to 180-185 and slice. Hams are good too.

^^^^ What he said. ^^^^

Easiest for me... whole boneless porkloin.... slice thin, thick, hot or cold.
Smoke until 145-150... about 2 hours @ 225-250 (doesn't require 2 days head start).

I love pulled pork and I've done many but I want to smoke some pork for slicing. My question is what is the preferred cut of pork to smoke for slicing?.

Here you go Mate.

I cooked this small pork shoulder at (from memory) 350°F to 400°F with hickory until the internal hit just under 200°F then wrapped it in foil and left it in the warming drawer for about an hour, this is what it came out like...
PorkShoulderRoast.jpg

If I am being a bit critical, it was a tad dry but had great flavour and I served it in a little very thin gravy (basically the drippings and some chicken stock) to give it a bit more moisture...hope this helps!

Cheers

Do a butt or shoulder...smoke till 175-180. Just like they do in North Carolina.

I will eat a loin, but don't like lean meat that much.

Back