MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
scotts1919
Full Fledged Farker

Default Restaurant depot - illinois

Hello all. So I just signed up for a kcbs membership yesterday and I am eagerly awaiting my info so I can login and get my membership card/day pass for restaurant depot.

I had a question for the Illinois members of this site who go to restaurant depot. Does the Lombard or des Plaines location have tri tip? Also any issue getting into either one of those with the kcbs membership deal?

Thanks to all
scotts1919 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

I have been to the Lombard store, just bring a copy of the RD coupon from KCBS and they will let you in. I believe they even told me as long as you show them your membership card then you don't need the coupon. As for Tri-tip.........That is a BIG YES. the only other place I can find it besides going to my local butcher, Butcher on the Block. They sell the tri-tip in cases. I had 5 tri-tips in mine not sure if it varies.

You will love the place.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
moontz
On the road to being a farker

I've been to both and no issues getting into either. Usually they just let me in when I say Im with KCBS, but occasionally they will want to see my card depending on the person at the front desk. And both locations had tri tips.
moontz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
scotts1919
Full Fledged Farker

Awesome! im Pumped!

Also im used to picking up large cuts of meat at Sams club. I usually will buy 1-2 briskets at a time, and also like a 4-5 pack of strip steaks, does restaurant depot offer similar sizes or is it all in huge quantities? Like can i buy 1-2 tri tips and 1-2 briskets or do i need to buy big boxes of them?

thanks
scotts1919 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts1919 View Post
Awesome! im Pumped!

Also im used to picking up large cuts of meat at Sams club. I usually will buy 1-2 briskets at a time, and also like a 4-5 pack of strip steaks, does restaurant depot offer similar sizes or is it all in huge quantities? Like can i buy 1-2 tri tips and 1-2 briskets or do i need to buy big boxes of them?

thanks
The Lombard location had single briskets for sale. I bought one that was about 10 pounds. The Tri-tip comes in cases. The prices were still cheaper then buying from butcher for the tri-tip.

Go........Just leave the credit cards at home and you will be ok. The first time I went and I was like you, going for the tri-tip, ended up spending nearly $200 on other things. Ever since, Costco stop selling it around here I have been looking for my tri-tip fix.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Crimson
Knows what a fatty is.

Yes Briskets are one to a pack tri tips up here are both way cryo or buy the whole case.
Baby backs are 4 to a pack Saint louis are 3 to a pack.
The strip stacks are the whole thing I think its the top row here I thinkist like for sections you see one and half or so.

Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote