MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #16
Iso
Knows what a fatty is.

Ya I saw that after I posted....

I am thinking a cash box and a PayPal card scanner for vending.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

pay pal scanner? I will have to research that..I was thinking the system I posted earlier , they have basic pos program, cash box, receipt printer, bar code scannerfor 299, they put basic menuu program in for you.... and the square for a card reader....

Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
Rickybobby83
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Rickybobby83
Default pos vending system

Defiantly ipad, iPhone, with square

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rickybobby83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #19
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybobby83 View Post
Defiantly ipad, iPhone, with square

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
can you build the menu and use the square as a pos ?
still working on this, as the cost of an ipad versus a laptop,
I wish I could understand this easier as I am a toolmaker first, welder, prof race engine builder, bbq chef...and this tech stuff is way down there..I dont even text mail....however I can cook brisket / ribs / pork with out a thermometer!
I picked up a galaxy, however that uses android, so it will have to go back...so if the square can act as a pos maybe that is the way
so mANY systems out there they use cloud and that has a monthly service charge, and doing only a few events a year I have to have a basic system that will speed up the line, keep track of items and cash drawer..

Old 03-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #20
teej
On the road to being a farker

I'm pretty sure Square will work on Android.
teej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej View Post
I'm pretty sure Square will work on Android.
It will work with Android, but the Galaxy will not work with the Square card reader.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
Jukas

If you have an ipad(s), check out either Poslavu or Isispos. Both are ipad app cloud based POS systems that incorporate credit card processing.
Jukas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
smokeworker
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Bank

Opened a Business account at PNC bank in western pa today. In the sales pitch, the rep told me about the POS hardware they sell for 75 bucks....
Down the road I think its gonna be the way we go....linked to the Ipad/printer. The banks software would be protected for fraud better than a third party I would think, as well as liability. any thoughts?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
Jukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeworker View Post
Opened a Business account at PNC bank in western pa today. In the sales pitch, the rep told me about the POS hardware they sell for 75 bucks....
Down the road I think its gonna be the way we go....linked to the Ipad/printer. The banks software would be protected for fraud better than a third party I would think, as well as liability. any thoughts?
Depends on how it's implemented. If they'er giving you a traditional, non cloud based POS implementation where all the data is stored on a POS you maintain than you would still likely incur the brunt of the liability issues.

In a cloud based implementation the vendor is the one responsible for the PCI compliance hassles.
Jukas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #25
smokeworker
Knows what a fatty is.

I really don't know much about this whole pos system stuff, although I am pretty tech savy fer and old dude. The bank rep was pushing the liability exposure, or lack there of , of her system compared to the square.