• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Must Have BBQ Book?

I just picked up a copy of BIG BOOK of BBQ the other day.
It's my 1st BBQ book. It covers styles from the east coast
to the west of Texas, it also has a lot of tips for smoking and
grilling.

if you want un-conventioal, then try out adam perry lang try out his book called bbq 25 along with charred and scruffed. I like the books alot. fun and something different to try out.

The one thing I liked about Myron's book is it is am easy read. I have never met him, but it does impart a genuineness that he portrays on TV and in videos I have seen of him on You Tube. Someday I will either take his class or meet him to see if my hypothesis is true.

I absolutely love Dr. BBQ's books, Rob Walsh's Legends of Texas BB-Q, Paul Kirk's Championship BB-Q, and Smoke and Spice, but I think my all time favorite book in general has to be Mike Mill's Peace, Love, and BB-Q.

Not technically a BBQ book, but I am really hoping to get:

"Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way" by Francis Mallman

As I had hoped, "Seven Fires" was among my Saturnalia, er, I mean "Christmas" gifts!! w00t!!

Nice Enkidu!!! I browsed the book on Amazon and it looks cool. I love the pic of the lamb(?) filleted out standing on a rack next to the fire ring.

I have always wanted to cook something that way.

Yeah, Adam Perry lang is awesome- haven't read BBQ 25, but Serious Barbecue is my favorite. I haven't read Dr BBQ's books, but they look great, especially if you have a kamado (in his videos I seem to remember him using BGE's a lot).

My top 3:

1. Serious BBQ
  2. Dr. BBQs Big Time BBQ
  3. Peace, Love, and BBQ

LOL! I'm always amazed that this book is still so revered when we all know the recipes don't actually work as written. That's kind of a big problem for me :)

+1 I started myself with this book before there was this internet thingy, and the times and temps are WAY off. I ruined more meat as a result. Plus, they leave you with the idea that 220 is good, but 210 is better, and 200 or lower is THE way to go. C'mon Man!!!! Give me a ****ing break! It's been many years now, but I didnt bother selling the book, I literally threw it away. As Doc said above, LOTS of other good books out there now.

As I recall, I purchased 3 or 4 books originally. The only one thrown away was the one I used to start with; Smoke and Spice. Paul Kirks has lots of great starter recipes. I would highly suggest starting as simple and with as few ingredients as possible and working up to more complex flavors...

Have most of these books ... a few I don't - looks like I need to check them out.

Back