MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Tkruse
On the road to being a farker

Default BBQ accessory storage

Hello all. Just curious what everyone does for storage of their BBQ accessories. I have a 22" Weber, 22"wsm, charcoal baskets, a half Moon grill that sets on top of the 22" grill that came with the BBQ, corded thermometers and now since Christmas a set of grill grates for the kettle. When everyone's accessories aren't in use where does everyone store everything? For instance when I'm doing chicken wings I won't be using the grill grates and kinda looking for storage suggestions for the grill grates as they get dirty etc. Pics of how you store things are appreciated. Thanks everyone.

On a side note, I really wanted the grill grates mainly for steaks and burgers, any other recommendations?
Tkruse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

vortex grill grates charcoal basket, I just keep everything inside a grill I'm not currently using

Old 01-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Grill grates don't rust, so you can just put them on the shelf under your grill, when not using. Thermos and utensils, I keep inside.

IMO a vortex is much better for steaks than grill grates, and the most important kettle accessory.
Joshw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
kls44
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ken

Rotisserie stuff hangs on the wall in the shed. Vortex rests under the performer, charcoal baskets and starter chimney on shelf under performer, the rest in the house.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #5
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Rotisserie stuff hangs on pegboard on the basement steps. Everything else goes into a truck bed tool box that also serves as a bench, or in the unused kettle. Paving bricks are weather proof, rotisserie ring too.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #6
Swede
Knows what a fatty is.

I have a smokehouse that I use for storage (charcoal bin, pellets and chips, etc) when I'm not using it. I also have an old dead 1950's fridge that I use as a storage shed on my deck for other accessories as well. Looks cool and does the trick.
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #7
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

I have a couple of stackable plastic containers I keep in the garage, with stuff I don’t use often, for the every day stuff I keep a small box in the house.

Anything stainless steel lives outside.
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 11:02 PM   #8
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

I have a deck box that keeps all of that stuff out of the weather and is about 20’ from my smoker and grill. There’s also several bags of RO Bria’s and lump in there to use as a starter and good coal bed. I’ve used this method for several years and it works very well.
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #9
Lawnguy
Babbling Farker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deck box. charcoal, grates, smoking wood, torch etc. Stays dry and sits next to my grills.
Lawnguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #10
Smoking Cajun
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

I use a deck box as well. I store pellets, my rotisserie, bucket head vac, etc. I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Suncast-DBW92...s%2C320&sr=8-4

Old 01-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #11
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

Plastic trash containers for charcoal, wood chunks and wood splits. All cooking grates, hanging grates etc hang from the rafters in the garage. High enough to not bang my head on. No vehicles park in the garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grates (1).jpg (87.9 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg grates (2).jpg (71.6 KB, 84 views)
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote