Thank You bschoen for the delivery today

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I arrived home to find a package on the kitchen table.

I recognized the name from a recent package I sent to BBQ-Brethren "bschoen".

I opened the package to find 2 beautifully hand crafted bowls, such beautiful works of art. I am amazed at the skills that our fellow Brethren posses.

Thank You so much Bruce, the bowls are beautiful! My wife already has them displayed in her curio cabinet for everyone to see.

Truly in the Spirit of the BBQ-Brethren...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:
Wow.... They are absolutely beautiful!! Well done Bruce!

Bruce,

I am curious as to what type of wood the smaller bowl is made from. Although the pictures do not do either of the bowls justice because so many colors are lost.

The larger bowl has a wonderful contrast of light and dark rings that emanate from the lower side of the bowl in the circular pattern of the grain.

The small bowl has a diverse array of reds and browns with blonde highlights. Also the bowl also appears to be spun from a knotty portion of the trunk, which I think would make the shaping/cutting process more difficult. If you look close to the patterns in the grain of of the wood as they reach toward the knots, one can easily see shapes in the grain; a bird, a face, and my granddaughters says "an alien" (LOL).

enhance

These will be remain treasured works of handcrafted art.

You certainly have a real talent, but more-so an eye to envision the piece before it is shaped.

The larger bowl is osage orange; when freshly cut it can be bright yellow which eventually (and unstoppably) fades to a light brown. The smaller bowl is what I call ford wood, found on road dead. The bowl is from a crotch in the limb which often leads to some great figure of converging grains.

I am thrilled that you like them.

Those are really nice. Great work Bruce.

We've had a Bradford Pear tree in the front yard since the house was built, but it reached its end of life last year. My tree guy noticed that the wife was saddened about the loss, so took a couple of chunks of the trunk to a local friend that does the same type of work. For Christmas this year, he gave two bowls to her made from those chunks. Beautiful, and the tree lives on every time we see / use those bowls.

From one turner to another - well done sir.

Every time I've turned Osage Orange the bowl cracked. Hope yours survives forever.

Wow, those are BEAUTIFUL! Quite the works of art, Bruce, and a gift to one of the classiest Brethren I know!

Back