Early Labor Day BBQ with Pictures

Peter B

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I had to bump up my Labor day BBQ a couple of weeks to this past weekend. My friend was kind enough to take pictures of the final steps before serving. A couple pictures of a brisket and a couple more of some pulled pork.

Attachments

• 2013-Brisket1.jpg
    2013-Brisket1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-Brisket4.jpg
    2013-Brisket4.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-PulledPork2.jpg
    2013-PulledPork2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-PulledPork5.jpg
    2013-PulledPork5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 175
It is not a typical brisket method. I sacrifice most of the bark at the end by braising the slices in the au jus liquid made from beef stock, briket trimmings, brisket drippings, and a ton of fresh herbs. My family doesn't care for bark much and the brisket picks up a very intense flavor during this step so I do it for them. It won't win me any competitions but my family, friends and colleagues all prefer this method over a traditional brisket with bark.

fine lookin cook! THe pulled pork looks nice and moit and the brisket looks outstandingly tender.

Please the family and always be happy.
Looks like you achieved that mate.
nice.
:thumb:

Good Q is always about what YOU and YOURS like the best! Not to many rules after that :eusa_clap. Brisket sounds delicious, I used to cook lot's of braised brisket when I was cooking in restaurants, loved the stuff. Just learned how to smoke it after coming to this forum. Your pork looks mighty good too!

KC

I smoked four different types of meat for the party: brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, and chicken. I only have pictures of the brisket and pork shoulder. Once I served those my buddy/photographer went outside to eat while I sliced up the chicken and ribs. The Pulled pork was outrageous but when isn't pulled pork super delicious?

Back