New and Improved KCBS Web Site!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Haven't seen it mentioned here yet but has anyone looked over the new KCBS Web site that was just launched? Really cool stuff and it looks WAY more professional! You can upload photos rom events, upload your team bio, share recipes, etc. I think the upgrade is without question a great improvement!

www.kcbs.us

I've worked in Web Development and Web Marketing for ten years. I LOVE IT!!!!

This is probably one of the brightest improvements by the KCBS in a long time, IMHO. A huge step forward.

Looks real good...

What I don't see, that I used to like was the ability to search contests by home state. Seems like you can only review by month now. Hopefully, they'll get to it. It made it easier to identify potential contests within a certain region.

I'm not sure if this is new or not, but I like the fact that they have a 15% discount program with Choice hotels group. Might need to e-mail for the special code soon.

The team bios should be fun for those who want to post. I'd like them to include the team's home city and state.

Fantastic. Takes them out of the stoneage of html. gotta see if they updated thier forum.

Fantastic. Takes them out of the stoneage of html. gotta see if they updated thier forum.

KCBS has a forum? :twisted:

There's a lot of work behind the scenes here that isn't evident at first glance. There's a lot more here than design. The media area has guidelines and artwork for the logo, for example.

Wonder if I have to pay $10 to have my team in the database. :roll:

They have information about advertising, but no contact that I can see. I called KCBS last week and they didn't know how ads were to be handled on the old site. Found out that the banners on the old site were just carried over from the OTHER forum. If you advertised there, you advertised on KCBS.us. That's now changed.

That OTHER forum is not part of KCBS...many just assume that. No need to discuss that place though as there more than enough great info here.

Why i would never.... oh never.... never ever ever visit another site tisk tisk tisk

Wow that is very impressive. I am in shock that it looks so good compaired to their old site.

Keep in mind that Gary built the old site for $300 (KCBS limit) and updated it for free. Somehow I think MMA is charging a whole lot more. It's your membership dues at work.

And there is a lot less contest search ability on this new one as noted above. And you can't search back to 2006 results.

I think the new site is fine, but there are definitely some glitches.

It is kinda irking me that everyone is all about how the old site sucked so bad (which it DIDN'T) and the new one is oh so much better.

Thanks Ford, for reminding people that Garry Howard worked up AND worked ON the old site just because he LOVES BBQ... and not for any other ($$) reason. I get that KCBS needs to go bigger and all that with their fancy schmancy marketing company. Don't get me wrong, I've met some of the people at MMA and they seem like nice folks... but I just don't like others dissin' the G Man, even if it is in a roundabout way.
He still takes care of the NEBS site and I, for one, am very thankful that he does!

enough ranting...

i checked it out yesterday...it looks great..a lot less archaic than the old one

They should put up an online renewal or join up link. They have a fprm that you can fill and send in a check or pay by credit card over phone but an online paypay deal would be cool as well. I might have to put this on my platform as part of my run for the board of directors seat

I agree, it does look better, but like it has already been stated, the search for competition still needs work. I really like the state by state aspect, as I would first start searching my state, the the surrounding ones. I could really care less having to weed through all of the states to find local ones....

Maybe they will improve it before they are finished... I hope they do.

Back