Is my Family Normal?

kylersk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Either my Cooking aint that good or they are telling the truth, but there are times where they'd rather have me cook chicken in the oven, instead of on the egg. They complain about getting sick of the 'smoke' flavor.

Either my Cooking aint that good or they are telling the truth, but there are times where they'd rather have me cook chicken in the oven, instead of on the egg. They complain about getting sick of the 'smoke' flavor.

Im not entirely sold on smoked chicken either. Its great on beef, pork, lamb, but not poultry. To each their own taste buds though. Try a higher temp on chicken or use a new wood/charcoal. Mix it up, make them want more again

Maybe it's a comfort food sort of thing, I rather have some of my mom's cooking than bbq at times.

I would say that there is such a think as too much smoked meat, for instance, after a competition of large cook, I can not want 'que for quite a well. That being said, and I say this in all kindness, it could be your cooking. Maybe change up some things, or decrease the amount of smoke, just give them a different flavor.

My wife says the same thing.

Chicken can be a veritable smoke sponge so keep that in mind when doing chicken;
maybe dial back a bit on the smoke and see if that helps.

Good im not the only one that thought this. Gonna do some chicken today with bone lickin sauce. Cross my fingers

I usually when cooking on ceramic really let the coals settle in and that usually quiets her!

You know, it's never too late to get rid of that wife and start a new family...

just sayin'

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1211246 said:
Get a Weber Kettle and Grill it! :wink: I never have chicken that is too smokey from it.

Wife and I both like grilled Chicken over smoked every time.

It's not abnormal, I'm sorry to say. You either have to back away from the pit some weeks or 'fool' them by cooking different stuff. Try some veggies, fish, etc., to break up the 'monotony'. It sucks, I know...

It's not just chicken. I cook just about anything and everything on the egg. Any chance I can get, I fire it up. I guess it's not so much when I grill, but when I go on a smoking spree. Smoke up a pork butt, then ribs, then fatty's, ect..... Maybe I just need to mix it up a bit.

Anything can get to be too much if you eat it over and over.

Try mixing up your smoke woods, or just prep two birds and throw one in the oven for the girls.

I would eat smoked/grilled food every meal if the family would let me, but they prefer some variety. Sometimes I like having "normal" food too.

I would eat smoked/grilled food every meal if the family would let me, but they prefer some variety. Sometimes I like having "normal" food too.

I could eat smoked/grilled food for every meal. Hmmmm, I think I did that for a good part of college actually. :rolleyes:
I grew up thinking "normal" food was smoked/grilled.

Back