Need a suggestion....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I am throwing a party for my husband and am looking for some ideas as to what to feed folks.
I want this stuff to be easy to serve with little work the day of the party - hey, I want to enjoy it too!

I want to use crock pots for keeping the food warm and since it will be inside and the party (weather willing) will be outside I don't want to have to babysit steam trays with sterno.

My thought was pulled pork, maybe a chuckie (or 4) and sides -

I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks, L-M

Cut and pasted for your conveince: Keri's Beans

1/2 c. Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
1 can apple pie filling (run a knife through the can to cut up the apples)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. Mustard (prepared)
1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite du jour)

Brown bacon, and sauté the onion and green pepper in the bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutes if you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.

This recipe began life as APPLE PIE BAKED BEANS from somewhere on the web, but I think I've made enough changes to it now to claim it as my own.
clip_image001.gif
This is my standard for baked beans anymore.

*This is a rather spicy recipe due to the chipotle/cayenne powder. Feel free to leave it out if you'll be feeding those who prefer a less spicy taste.

Ron’s Notes: I used a 1 lb breakfast sausage chub for the meat. I also cut the Chipotle powder to ½ tsp and the beans were still a little on the hot side. The next time I would use ¼ tsp and add more if needed. Also, this last time I used two 28 oz cans of Bush’s beans, one can of Homestyle and one can of Original.

Am I insane...or did your recipe forget to include beans...for the apple baked beans!

Nice save, lets try that again! Thx Neil

Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans

3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained
1/2 c. Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
1 can apple pie filling (run a knife through the can to cut up the apples)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. Mustard (prepared)
1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite du jour)

Brown bacon, and sauté the onion and green pepper in the bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutes if you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.

This recipe began life as APPLE PIE BAKED BEANS from somewhere on the web, but I think I've made enough changes to it now to claim it as my own.
clip_image001.gif
This is my standard for baked beans anymore.

*This is a rather spicy recipe due to the chipotle/cayenne powder. Feel free to leave it out if you'll be feeding those who prefer a less spicy taste.

Ron’s Notes: I used a 1 lb breakfast sausage chub for the meat. I also cut the Chipotle powder to ½ tsp and the beans were still a little on the hot side. The next time I would use ¼ tsp and add more if needed. Also, this last time I used two 28 oz cans of Bush’s beans, one can of Homestyle and one can of Original.

Looking good - any other suggestions? I know you guys and gals are good cooks......

soup

Blackeyed peas in rice with a smoked turkey wing, keeps nicely in a crockpot...make a stock with carrots,onion,celery and the turkey wing, straine the stock and discard the veg. and let the turkey cool pull apart and add your blaceye peas until slightly el dente bring to a rolling boil and add rice lid cover reduce to simmer for approx. 12 to 15 min. and it'll thick'n as the rice absorbs the broth....this is good stuff!!

Norcoredneck - I guess I am just not cool - have never done a jello shot... I am more of a beer girl...

How fishy is the Bagna Cauda? I am not a fan of the sea-bugs....

little smokies in your favorite bbq sauce and Jack daniels.
woo hoo!!

For meats when you have a big party you cant beat brisket and pork. cooke the brisket a few days before, slice and layer in a metal pan. Over each layer brush some thinned out sauce like Head Country. You can reheat in the oven.

This weekend, my sister-in-law is having a bridal shower for my daughter. My sister-in-law has asked me to provide an appetizer for the shower. It's very simple but REALLY delicious!

Take a smoked fattie and crumble it up finely. Then stir it into the traditional Rotel/Velveta cheese dip. If you use about half the dip for the meaty version you'll still have half the dip for those who aren't so adventurous.

I can't believe how simple - and delicious - this is.

Served with round white corn Tostitos, of course.

Have fun!

Norcoredneck - I guess I am just not cool - have never done a jello shot... I am more of a beer girl...

How fishy is the Bagna Cauda? I am not a fan of the sea-bugs....

There is so much fricken garlic in it you won't even know the sardine paste is in it! :wink:

Fatties and BBQ Beef. How easy is it to chop up brisket, sauce it and put it in a Crock pot. Easy pieze!

Back