Texas Fire Pit Chili and Stew.....(Prono)

That is just wrong Bob!

I got up around 7am to throw on a brisket and everything was covered in frost.

That is an awesome pit you have there to.

Brisket2.JPG

Perfect day - perfect food - perfect pron Great stuff Bob!

I LOVE the fire pit. I can see one of those in my back yard in the near future. Nice work.

And the chili & stew, excellent job on the photos and meal.

I'd have a fire going 24/7 if I had a cool pit like that! Fun.
That stew looks great!
Not in August in TX!!:wink: Bob how does your pit drain? I know it doesnt rain much where your at, but when it does do you have a small swimming pool?

Nice Pron! You just had to throw the hat pic in there to make all of us without one jealous!

Awesome job showin' off, man! Looks like a great day, all-in-all. :)

And that chili looks nice an' mean, too. Thanks for making us jealous. ;)

Man, I really wish I could make good chili. I guess I just need to practice more but my results are usually pretty disappointing. That looks awesome.

Thanks all. I built that pit about years ago when we put down sod, cement and fixed up the backyard. Took me about three weeks to complete from the stone work to the welding of the cross bars etc. It basically just drains into the soil. I pull that ashes out after a day or so. That way if it does rain it doesn't leach into the soil and kill off the grass. I had that happen last year. Here in the cooler months. I use it pretty often to cook in. My next project is to make a motor powered rotiss for it to do cabrito(goat) and small piggies. Thanks again all. The chili was even better this morning for breakfast. The pit also makes some nice peecan lump coal for the kettle.

It has to be said,"I'd Hit That, Twice On Sunday, Also!!":biggrin:

good lookin chile - done Texas style:-D

Great pic of you surveying part of your kingdom as well:biggrin:

Really cool you can make your own lump - now that is some really homemade stuff...........................

I don't know what I like better, the soups or the pit.

There is nothing that looks bad in those pictures. In fact, it all looks great! Dang, I miss El Paso...more so when I see pix like those.

The chili - you said you won't share the recipe, but will you tell me how finely you chopped the meat - it didn't look to fine - or ground.

Dude....I really gotta hit it at your place at least 1 time in my life!
Nice pit!

Back