Got myself a Hunsaker today

stangman327

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First I'd like to thank Mark Hunsaker who was a pleasure to talk with.

Been wanting to take a dive into the barrel smokers so after much research I decided on a Hunsaker.

This is my first ever cooker of this type and new I can see why people love them...this thing is AWESOME!

After I seasoned it I decided to do some chicken and some brussels sprouts just like another brethren did last week (thanks for the idea).

The chicken cooked so fast I over cooked it. I guess since I'm use to my M1 cooking a bit cooler and slower I didn't realize it was cooking so quickly.

I went as a spectator to a comp cook last year. One team had 4 Hunsakers and invited me (quietly) to sample the cooks.

Some great Q, and I really like those cookers.

Congrats and enjoy! :-D

Nice!

I'd love to get a Hunsaker, I've got a PBC and enjoy cooking on it but one can never have too many options!

I got the stainless steel exterior parts along with the rib hanger, hybrid rack and the digital thermometer holder.

Does any know if the Pit Barrel turkey hanger will work with my Hunsaker rib rack?

Congrats :clap2: As you may know I have the M1 and Hunsaker and would be the two I would keep if I had to choose (thank goodness I don’t :becky:)

Re: the turkey hanger you gave me a reason to see if I could find it since I have only used it once :icon_blush:

RxUpEzil.jpg

Chicken looks excellent BTW :hungry:

Congrats :clap2: As you may know I have the M1 and Hunsaker and would be the two I would keep if I had to choose (thank goodness I don’t :becky:)

Re: the turkey hanger you gave me a reason to see if I could find it since I have only used it once :icon_blush:

RxUpEzil.jpg

I haven't done it yet but I want to halve and hang a Turkey, separate the wing, leg, thigh and breast, then pull the breast plate and ribs from the breast like I would a chicken.

I cooked 4 halves at 350 and it barely took an hour. I checked at that hour and was surprised they were done but they were perfect. Best chicken I’d ever smoked. Great idea on the Brussel Sprouts! Maybe more of the family besides me would eat them!

RxUpEzil.jpg

KORN thanks!

I haven't done it yet but I want to halve and hang a Turkey, separate the wing, leg, thigh and breast, then pull the breast plate and ribs from the breast like I would a chicken.

Do it and document so I can get ready for thanksgiving :clap2:

KORN thanks!

No problem. I have the PBC skewers and like those better than the turkey hanger. They would work great for your brussel sprouts :becky:

Brett,
Do you have any details on those skewers you used for the brussels sprouts? Love the idea and i'd like to give it a try.

Back