Competition Timeline

Anchors Smokeshop

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am attaching a copy of an excel-based timeline that I created for a competition that I competed in last season.
Saturday consisted of a grilling competition, broken down into grilled entree and grilled dessert. (I did grilled sliders and grilled peaches and cream.)
Sunday consisted of the barbeque competition. It wasn't a sanctioned event, so the turn-in times were 45 minutes apart instead of the standard 30 minute intervals, but the 4 meat categories were the same. (Chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder and beef brisket).
I was a newbie when I created this, so some of the more experienced cooks may disagree with some of my techniques and times, but I am posting it so that other newbies can use it as an example when creating their own timelines.
(I am anally organized and the 5 minute intervals on the timeline really worked for me!)
If any one has any questions about what the abbreviations stand for, just PM or reply to this thread.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• BBQ Shedule and Timeline.xls
    100 KB · Views: 498
Thanks for sharing. I noticed that the turn in times for ribs, pork and brisket are not KCBS standard, so for anyone want to use this spreadsheet as a starting point for KCBS competitions the first thing you should do is set up the standard turn in times.

Back