Fired Up The Char-Griller and Made Some Wings on a Stick

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Have not used the CG'r for over 18 months, cleaned it up and re-seasoned yesterday. Tonight tried some Wings and Steak, (Chuck Eye boneless). Came out great!

025.jpg

033.jpg

037.jpg

040.jpg

how do you like the cg? I have been thinking about getting one but am undecided.

how do you like the cg? I have been thinking about getting one but am undecided.

I have made some good food with it. It is pretty labor intensive on long cooks, not much insulation, the steel is really thin. There are many Mods that can be done to improve it. Overall for a backyard smoker it is okay for casual use. If I were to get another offset I would look at some higher quality units, cost will be more but worth the money.

For just grilling it does a good job. Once you add the firebox it does have an effect on the main chamber for grilling. I added a Rotisserie and that just made more holes for the heat to escape. You can tell by the picture it leaks a lot.

Just depends what you are planning to use it for. It is better that some others you see at HD and Lowes...

Good looking grub Terry, never thought of skewering chicken here either.

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1323976 said:
Thanks ! It really stretches the skin out to get more surface area on the fire for a nice crispy bite...
Good enough reason for me to try it soon.

Back