• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Is it Ruined?

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I had my offset at 260* and my Spareribs had been on for about 30 minutes when the wife called and needed me to come help her. So, I put another split on and left. When I got back, about an hour and 15 minutes later, the temp was down to 160*. Within 10 minutes, it was back over 225* and at 275* within 15-20 minutes. Do you think the ribs are safe to continue cooking?

I see no issues, even if it somehow stayed at 160 for 2 hours, that is not long enough for the spoilage organisms to get a good hold (4 hours between 40 and 140) so you are good. Unless you are lying to us :drama:

I wouldn't hesitate eating them for a second.

edit: Of course, I'm assuming nothing else happened like letting the dog lick them before putting them on my plate. :mmph:

Im with Gore on this one. Let the dog lick it first.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see any cause for alarm. They may just take longer to cook than you may have planned.

CD

I see no issues, even if it somehow stayed at 160 for 2 hours, that is not long enough for the spoilage organisms to get a good hold (4 hours between 40 and 140) so you are good. Unless you are lying to us :drama:
I am shocked that someone could think of a fellow barbequer as one who would be a prevaricator of the truth.

Is this Q-Talk??? :confused:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
The ribs are fine - no worries about that.

I do worry about these guys though... :wacko::wink:

I need all the worrying I can get.

Gore, wrapping, or no wrapping, is a personal decision. I would avoid foil though, it chafes up the surface of your meat.

Wrapping can sometimes slow things down, but it reduces the overall experience in my opinion. Try going without wrapping and just puling them out a little earlier if you're worried. If you really want to slow things down, just do what I do. Think about your mother-in-law boiling ribs while wearing only one of these:

il_570xN.263307215.jpg

Wow, I go tend the fire for a while and you guys have a party without me. I'm not feeling the love...:cry:

I found this thread to be helpful, wait:doh: i'm supped to click something aren't i?:redface:

Back