• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fired up the Kamado With Some Wings

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
After not being used for so many years, it creaked a few times but all is good.

Did a burn for about 5 hours at 250º to 350º then threw on some Wings for the initial cook. The Wings were cooked at 350º for about 45 minutes and were excellent!

Darn thing is a keeper! Much easier to control than my XL, it was amazing.

CopyofPicture017.jpg

Sweet blue

CopyofPicture019.jpg

After adding the Wings.

CopyofPicture046.jpg

It sure does not have the cooking space I am used to.

CopyofPicture048.jpg

CopyofPicture055.jpg

CopyofPicture058.jpg

Very nice! That thing sure doesn't look neglected. I guess that's the benefit of Ceramic.:thumb:

Nice looking wings! Love the backyard too, man, jealous, it still looks like summer there :shocked: Your grass is brown, and mine is short, green and has already had some snow...

Is the Kamado much smaller than a large BGE? I thought the cooking space looked pretty good : )

Terry your wings look fantastic! Love your backyard too... :cool:

Nice looking wings! Love the backyard too, man, jealous, it still looks like summer there :shocked: Your grass is brown, and mine is short, green and has already had some snow...

Is the Kamado much smaller than a large BGE? I thought the cooking space looked pretty good : )

Whoops, reread your question, I think the K is about the same size as the Large egg.

My XL is 24: and the K is 18", a big difference in capacity. I could still cook for several with it. :wink: The grass is about done for the year, and the Bananas do not like the cold, it has been a chilling 39º at night for about a week now, Burrrrrr.

Terry your wings look fantastic! Love your backyard too... :cool:

Thanks Jeanie!

Last edited:
Awesome restoration! I just bought a Sazco Casa-Q that needs some work. What brand gasket did you use?

Hey Terry, just wondering how the JB Weld is holding up??
And the wings?? Looks "Kick Arse"!!! Ya just can't beat killer wings!!

Awesome restoration! I just bought a Sazco Casa-Q that needs some work. What brand gasket did you use?

I used the standard BGE gasket, if I were going to do high temp cooks I would get the BGE Nomex gasket.

Hey Terry, just wondering how the JB Weld is holding up??!

Thanks! All I got around to today was cleaning out the bottom. The entire firebox is covered with fireplace cement over the JB. I will pull it out in a week or so after a few more fires and give it a good look over. All looks fine right now other than some bubbles in the cement. I will check the exterior bottom tomorrow where I coated it with JB and see how that looks.

Excellent restoration. I love the way you installed the thermometer in the old viewport.

Back