MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Swamp Boys Q School Oct. 6-7 2012

Swamp Boys Q School is scheduled for this fall! Oct. 6-7 in Venice FL, on the Myakka River. A large and growing number of "graduates" see a 100% return on their investment within a contest or two. Lot's of first time wins, lots of big time wins after the class. This is a techniques class taught by a professional instructor with over 200 contest's worth of BBQ experience. Along with techniques we will also discuss flavor profiles and what works and what doesn't. This is a small class to allow for lots of interaction, sign up early. Follow the link for more info, credentials, and a link to an entry form.

Q School Link
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
BigBobBQ
Babbling Farker

Is it going to be at the KOA down there?

Old 08-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
altomari8868
On the road to being a farker

To everyone thinking of taking a class. I recommend this class with out hesitation. Rub is a great guy that takes the time to teach you. It is a ton of fun and you will take so much of it away with you and cut your learning curve. I have done 3 classes of the past year and this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. Take it and you will be glad you did.
altomari8868 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

BigBobBQ here is the link to the park: http://www.ramblersrestrv.com/

Thanks for the kind words Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I do my best to give people their money's worth. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gator Nation

Old 08-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I took Rub's class back in June and definitely learned a lot. As a 2nd year team I wanted to try and get a class in as soon as I could to fill in the gaps I know I have so we can increase our chance in success this year. Our next competition we had our best overall finish to date in a field of pretty strong teams with 2 calls up, one of which was brisket which we have been struggling in. Learned a good bit about some different flavors and some techniques that have improved our end product. I'm still practicing and glad I have a new direction in the areas where my BBQ wasn't as strong.

Jason

Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Thumbs up

Thanks Jason! There are still some seats left for the upcoming class on Oct. 6-7. Follow the link for the details: Q School Details Here

In a directly related note, I want to congratulate and wish luck to the 11+ teams that have taken my class and are in the Draw for the Jack this Friday! I hope you guys all get your bung drawn! And a huge congratulations to the former Q School team who got the automatic invite to the Jack for winning 7 GC's this season. Out-freakin'-standing!! Oh yeah, also to the 6 teams going on to Sam's Regionals, and the ones travelling to the World Food Championships in Las Vegas - congratulations and good smokin' luck!
Gator Nation

Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

BLUF: Take the class, you will succeed!!!

Thanks Rub, hope to see ya soon!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

Will you be doing any classes later in the year? I cant make this one my Son graduates from Boot Camp on the 5th.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
Will you be doing any classes later in the year? I cant make this one my Son graduates from Boot Camp on the 5th.
Map this is the last one for 2012. The next one will be around the end of Feb in 2013.

I totally forgot to mention a couple of important additions to this class. First we will get to experience live judging and feedback by a pair of KCBS/MIM/MBN/FBA Master judges. These two have been around a long time and are excellent judges, they will have valuable insight to share. Secondly and just as important, Jimmy Brod from Smokin' Cracker and Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team has agreed to be my pit bitch for the weekend and we are going to get him to share some secrets too. Jimmy has a really high winning percentage including GC at KCBS's Lakeland Pig Fest 3 years in a row and RGC at the American Royal Open! His knowledge will be a great added bonus
Gator Nation

Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub View Post
Map this is the last one for 2012. The next one will be around the end of Feb in 2013.
Cool Febuary works well!!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Swamp Boys at the FBA "Fun Cook" this weekend: 1st Ribs, 1st Pork, 1st Brisket, GC out of 30 teams!
Congrats to Wooly Bully on RGC, and all who were called.

Now'd be a great time to sign up for Swamp Boys Q School
Gator Nation

Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Special shout outs today for a couple of GC's over the weekend. Brian from House of Q up in British Columbia Canada earned his 3rd of the year since Q School, way to go Brian! And you may have heard of this other team, 3 Eyz from MD? They are a runaway GC freight-train, earning their 9th GC of the season!! Amazing and congratulations!
Gator Nation

Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
dmrigby
Found some matches.

Default Signing up later.

I am a 57 year old rookie that has competed in 2 events. I am a bottom feeder when it comes to scoring. I am going to sign up for the class later on. Friends have told me if I want to bring my scores up attend this class. See ya later.
dmrigby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

I look forward to meeting you dmrigby.
Gator Nation