Crock Pot Express - Recipes?

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Jennifer bought me a Crock Pot Express for our anniversary.

It has a recipe for a portobello mushroom risotto, and I found one for a rotisserie-style chicken online.

My question is how do you fit a rack of ribs in there, and how much liquid smoke do you add? JK. No flaming please.

Seriously, though, would Keri's Hog Apple Beans work in the crock pot?

Tis a brave man to venture forth on a BBQ site and request crock pot recipes....
Ed

I would think you could do those beans in it That risotto sounds really interesting

I've made some fantastic charro beans in my crock pot. There's also a really good recipe for Rudy's creamed corn floating around that's made for the crock pot. I use mine all the time, and normally do at least one side in the crock pot when I'm doing big cooks.

You could do the Hog Apple beans in there, methinks. You might miss a little of the smoke flavor, but then again, there should be some getting in there from the fatty or whatever kinda pork you put in the beans.

I have a regular crock pot that I mainly use to render tallow & lard. Also - if you don't have time to smoke beef cheeks, you can toss 'em in there in some beef broth with onion and peppers, leave 'em in all damn day 'till tender, pull/chop & finish on a flat top or skillet for some amazing tacos. Cowgirl's recipe here - I've done this many times and it's a household favorite.

Jennifer bought me a Crock Pot Express for our anniversary.

It has a recipe for a portobello mushroom risotto, and I found one for a rotisserie-style chicken online.

My question is how do you fit a rack of ribs in there, and how much liquid smoke do you add? JK. No flaming please.

Seriously, though, would Keri's Hog Apple Beans work in the crock pot?

The CPE excels at doing beans (if doing from scratch, don’t soak the beans. This has nothing to do with Bbq but here are a couple of my cooks with CPE. Chicken Tikka Masala the video with the Lima beans wouldn’t show up.

Attachments

• 5340E7DC-A0A5-4F8D-B0B3-F8A84B8B871F.jpg
    5340E7DC-A0A5-4F8D-B0B3-F8A84B8B871F.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 31BE5D0F-16AD-45B3-B9C2-22CFE3A7BBB9.jpg
    31BE5D0F-16AD-45B3-B9C2-22CFE3A7BBB9.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 118
What are these Hog Apple beans of which people are speaking?

"My question is how do you fit a rack of ribs in there, and how much liquid smoke do you add? JK. No flaming please."

To fit your ribs you must boil for 26.5 min. The brand of liquid smoke will vary the amount needed!(add after boiling).

So far, I have made rice, rice pudding, and a whole chicken that, while being moist AF, had no flavor. :sad:

I have figured out how to make mac and cheese in it.

I'm going to try Evil-G's recipe and then the Hog Apple Beans (which I might stick in the UDS to "flavor" it once I am done.)

But I think I will leave the proteins to the care of the grills and smokers.

So far, I have made rice, rice pudding, and a whole chicken that, while being moist AF, had no flavor. :sad:

I have figured out how to make mac and cheese in it.

I'm going to try Evil-G's recipe and then the Hog Apple Beans (which I might stick in the UDS to "flavor" it once I am done.)

But I think I will leave the proteins to the care of the grills and smokers.

It does an excellent job on tough cuts of beef for stews or pot roast or round steak and gravy. I would not discount the proteins at all.

7c469c96-850c-424b-9856-a281918fff92_1.d8ca6d9c694cdd7fdab24500bebdd3f6.jpeg

Start with these. Remove wrapper before boiling.

Later,
Doug

Back